Which is most popular, GTA3 or VC ?

Guest redwolf

Which is more popular ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more popular ?

• GTA3
    • VC

Hey im totally new to this, and ive searched the forums for the answer to my question but it came back with thousands of answers, none of which helped...

I dont own either GTA game for pc ( yet ). What id like to know is, which is the more popular GTA game people play online ? GTA3 or VC ?

Whichever it is i'll probably buy, but i cant afford BOTH right now !

I dont want to buy GTA3 to find im the only one playing it when everyones on VC - or vice versa ( no pun intended ).

Cheers 8)

if/when mta release a new gta3 ver people will flock back to it (i know i will)

vc is easily a better game, but lc just looks better (style)

maybe if gtawo bother to release a new ver (come on redspike, give us a packer =P) we can do both =)

Well, i own both GTA games for my PS2 so im looking to get one or both for PC cheap ( i dont wanna pay twice for the same games )

But when i do decide to buy one within the next few weeks, it looks like being Vice City.

Cheers :wink:

Whichever it is i'll probably buy, but i cant afford BOTH right now !

For this reason alone i suggest you buy VC , since at this moment a lot more people are playing vc's version .So if you cant buuy both buy vc now, and buuy gta3 later when you can, gta3's version will surely get its player back when it comes out, but i dont think vc's will go downhill.

Ive always prefered the dark city of Liberty to the sunshine streets of Vice any day. I just think Liberty is a more realistic city, and it feels like the city i live in.

What i never liked about Vice City was the complete lack of hills.

Yeah the thing is because of the pretty different look n' feel of the two games - the one a dark, chilly and gloomy NY kinda style and the other a cheerful, bright and sunny Miami-like place - it's really rare to find some1 that likes both games the same. Ppl usually take a side because of this and personally I think I lean more towards Vice myself (LC really worked for the mood it wanted to set though).

Anyway, VC doesn't have any hills, or generally the same variety of places n stuff cause it had to be created in much less time than GTA3 and when you rush things, they usually don't come out as good as they could have. That's why you only get 2 major isles instead of 3 that are flat and kinda monotonous and why they tried to get ppl's minds off that by giving them internal areas, other vecs like bikes n' helis and some more varied mini-games. Still, I think they managed to make an overall better game with those gameplay changes and additions and that's why its fan base is as big as it is now. I mean hey, we're still bothering to play that old ass game and its fansites are quite a few too; it has to be half good.

I'd say go for VC first and as suggested before, try gettin it cheap through ebay. or some 2nd hand place or something.

PS: BTW I think GTA3 has far less servers cause it's one version behind MTA:VC, not because ppl dislike it.

The one dissapointment for me with VC was how the weapons were not as good as those in GTA3, and you couldnt carry as many. They seem to lack the power and usability of those in GTA3.

In GTA3, you had one UZI, which worked great as you could run and shoot with it. In VC, theres two variations, the one where you have to stand still to shoot, and the tiny one that lets you run but isnt very powerful - its more like a pea shooter.

So i find myself using the colt in VC where in GTA3 i use the UZI as my main weapon when on the run from the cops.

Few points,

You can bail from cars in gta3

gta3mta is many more than 1 version behind vc, ignore the numbers, its a whole leap in tech behind mtavc0.1 let alone 0.3r2, hence its very outdated and far surpassed currently by our vc version (this should change with release of MTA0.4)

vc actually has 4 uzi class weapons, 3 of which you can move whilst shooting, (the basic uzi we use in mta can actually kill people very quickly due to its high rate of fire and relatively high damage per shot), and one that you must stand still to shoot (mp5)

You're right KungFu. By default, you cannot bail from a moving vehicle in GTA3. I think MrBump may be mistaken by the fact that we manually implemented this for our previous version of MTA for GTA3. We may or may not include this code for 0.4, not decided. Personally, with the way things are now in GTA3 (very different playstyle than VC) I'd say keep it as original (not being able to get out at highspeeds makes killing someone who is in a car easier, which is more balanced since cars in GTA3 kill much quicker than those in VC). The passenger however, is always free to leave the vehicle, even at topspeed.

VC is more fun because of the new types of vehicles, like heli's and boats, which are not in GTA3. The only thing is that the VC world gets boring very fast.. although there's lots of details (like going into buildings, etc.).

GTA3's Liberty City is fun, it takes a bit longer before it gets boring, compared to VC, but unfortunately it misses those new things.

Why don't you buy both? :P