Cheating in MTA

How the hell are you going to do to keep us away from cheater (ruining the game) and hacker fining holes in the MP and gaining control over the remote comp.

I mean they already have a tool for their disposal, and it is the same tool that you guys started from and that is the Admin Console http://www.estetiksoft.de/gta3console/. This is not the only one and since I am a bit of a programmer mehself I know that if thay cann't use that tool they can look at the source code for it (which is also avalabel at their website) and find out very easily how to manipulate GTA in any form or size trough controls that are in the source of the Admin Console.

They can and will find a way around the protection if you have any in the future releases of MTA.

By the way I think those bitches at R* should really take an interest in what you are doing, I mean you are basicly finising what they started and didn't even finish quoter way. They should give you liscence or show support or do anything. :wink:

Edited by Guest

well, the thing about GTA3 MP is that there are so many trainers, hacks, mods, maps, cars, skins, etc.

With say, CS, they have a huge number of people (as well as Valve) working on stopping cheats. R* never worried about stopping people from cheating in GTA3, because it didn't matter. It didn't affect anyone, so hey, they could make the most unsecure game ever, and it wouldn't make any difference.

If cheating were to be stopped, the entire game of GTA3 would have to be changed around, just to give some cheat protection.

this has been discussed before - im inclined to lock it - but the first post is too long =)

as for the built in cheats - we can fix them, they are not a problem

as for scripts, the team is more interested in getting the game stable, then anti-cheating measures will be put in place.

messing with handling and colission data will mean that the games wont sync, and if its raining tanks, they wont be synced, the weapons option is easy to fix as well, as earlier discussed in other topics.

Well i've just started to porgram in C/C++ and edited (ripped by any means) alot of small apps just to see what my capabilitys were...

I think if you would change the variables n strings that the trainer no longer finds them so that e.g HP can't be infinite anymore... (in other words... new trainers HAVE to be made in order todo so...)

If I'm wrong... feel free to yell or anything as i just started... just thought it was a good idea to stop cheaters...

Greetz... DD

I think this is a stupid suggestion but could maybe used when stable etc.

How about a way to MAKE them register with a valid email do that before they access the console, so maybe if a cheater is found hes banned from the mod well at least untill he changes his IP.

Maybe something like this? should be legal shouldnt it? :?

I think this is a stupid suggestion but could maybe used when stable etc.

How about a way to MAKE them register with a valid email do that before they access the console, so maybe if a cheater is found hes banned from the mod well at least untill he changes his IP.

Maybe something like this? should be legal shouldnt it? :?

WHAT????

I think you are trying to skip good server moderation by making broad assumptions about IPs and email addresses. Surely you've never dealt with this in any kind of programming experience. I just say the server admin should keep a good watch for trouble causers and leave it at that. The code should be made so that if a sync error occurs, the client is removed from the connection. This is the best way to stop cheats; If the client does something the server says it can't, GOODBYE.