Read this: About MTA and Blue

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep working hard mta team, but is the team working just for sa blue or vc blue too?

For the moment we're only working on SA, but VC support is still there. The SA support now is very big (bigger than VC support I think). Our current plan is that MTA: Blue for SA will be released first, then we finish the VC support and release MTA: Blue for VC. That will become a much shorter process as then we already have a good core with good netcode. Think of it was three parts. The core, SA support and VC support with each an equal amount of work.

Well vc-mp got the idea from mta because mta started the vc online mods etc etc

well, kyeman had a different point of view, i think that's why he started his own mod. so he didn't really got the idea from mta, but his research resulted in that he found another way to create multiplayer(i guess)

PS: GTAT was the first online mod for vice city.

We have to admit there's strong competition in this days with the sa-mp team

still talking about competition? there ain't no real competition, as i've said.

if a multiplayer mod becomes the most popular mod, he's not going to win a price or something :roll:

I won't leave MTA and wait for blue till my death

that might not be enough :lol::lol::lol:

hehe just a lil joke on the side, i have never flamed you and never will, i only feel a bit dissapointed about the .5 release but you cant make everyone happy can ya :wink: good luck with blue

Good to hear that SA gets a higher priority then VC, becouse now I got SA I've only played VC 1 hour in total, the rest of the time it was SA. I love the game, I love playing online, SA+online=MTA for me!

Not for others. I liked VC even better than SA. SA is just too big to play in and isn't as fun as it was in VC.

That should be linked to the front page as 'whats going on' news post seriously. I didn't bother reading much past the first page as its mostly an 'oh okay' feeling. As much as a lashing was deserved for lack of communication, I think a lashing back response is good, any response is. As I said in that flamed news post, I for one respect the effort even if it goes nowhere.

I talked to Kent er.. just yesterday so he could explain to me (luckily I choose one who hadn't been bitched at yet so he was willing). Its true we can't really judge much past the cover, even though some of the old members get dropped a secret or two, they still dont deserve much more attention than others on this subject.

Well about this, I have to say there was a lack of communication in the past because most of the time we wouldn't have a feedom of opinion. Thats what pissed most people off as a start. The updates are ok, they just need a little more detail into it is all. I think the forums should be less tight and easy on the rules before things like this happen.

I agree! ^^

That's why we're putting up a blog soon ;). Last update is 3 days ago, but before that it was almost a month :(.

As for the latest progress since that post, We've been working a lot on GUI for mainmenu, ingame serverbrowsing and similar to make Blue more usefriendly for a release. As for the racemode, it lacks functionality around some parts not specific to the race itself which is about to get done within the next couple of days, but otherwize it's very nice. Smoothness is very good, but some fine-tunings are still required.

Blue is overall already getting pretty big. Currently we can access many parts of SA's functionality down to the smallest details even though many are still left. We've been working mostly around functions needed for racing so we can get that out as fast as possible as good as possible, then continue on foot-code needed for deathmatch.

Guess that pretty much sum it up, hope you enjoyed the update.

I agree! ^^

That's why we're putting up a blog soon ;). Last update is 3 days ago, but before that it was almost a month :(.

As for the latest progress since that post, We've been working a lot on GUI for mainmenu, ingame serverbrowsing and similar to make Blue more usefriendly for a release. As for the racemode, it lacks functionality around some parts not specific to the race itself which is about to get done within the next couple of days, but otherwize it's very nice. Smoothness is very good, but some fine-tunings are still required.

Blue is overall already getting pretty big. Currently we can access many parts of SA's functionality down to the smallest details even though many are still left. We've been working mostly around functions needed for racing so we can get that out as fast as possible as good as possible, then continue on foot-code needed for deathmatch.

Well dude, let me say what I forgot to say before, welcome to the team. I can easily say you're my favorite team member so far, and you are taking the team in a new direction. It's good to have such a talented coder working with MTA. I'm glad that you treat the community as people, and not like customers (too professionally) as other team members do. You seem to be agreeing with the fact that MTA gave a lack of updates and didn't keep the community involved, which is a big plus in my respect factor towards you. You seem to be pushing for more updates, and are supporting more updates as well. If MTA actually keeps the community INVOLVED AND INFORMED, then I believe I can be happy with MTA again. You're addition to the team has changed my view on the way they are headed, so good luck ;)

I agree! ^^

Thats an update I have been waiting for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Thanks for sharing some information. That's what I like to hear. You actually make me like MTA a little.

/me noticed this :shock: :

http://www.multitheftauto.com/support/faq/faq.php?category_id=6&cat_name=MTA%20Blue

New/future Blue site?

It says nothing we dont know, but at least Blue already has a site (or at least new) :).

Can i beta test?

No, we'll release information about how we will be beta

testing blue nearer its release.

:(.

EDIT:

Wait.. this is not new:

When will blue be released??!

We don't know. The progress bar on the main page gives some

indication on the features, but it shouldn't be relied upon.

I have never seen that Blue faq, so it maybe was postponed or something?.

That FAQ is accessible from the main site and has been there for ages. If there was a new Blue site, they'd be sure to tell us otherwise there would be no point in creating it.

It's some old unupdated leftover I guess. By the way, the bloggie is up any minute.

I look forward to it :)