Read this: About MTA and Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kyeman used to be on the MTA team, but he left because he didn't want to create an SDK , so merging is unlikely.

MTA's focus is to produce an SDK for GTA that has multiplayer code with it.

Kye's team's focus is to create a multiplayer mod that is fun but the content is the sole creation of his team.

Kent

unfortunately these multiplayer mods are for free, so none of the teammembers care/believe about/in competition(except you :P). there is no competition anyway.

example: let's say multiplayer mod Z releases a stable version, with high stability, smooth animations, a slick netcode, 100+ player support, and advanced gamemodes(more advanched than a race mode or deathmatch).

would it stop multiplayer mod Y from making a multiplayer mod? no. the development team of project Y could decide to stop the development, if they like project Z; or it could motivate them even more to create a multiplayer mod themselves.

the real situation isn't like this; the current multiplayer beta's/alpha's are far from perfect, and it will always be like that. technology may improve a bit, to make things smoother and stuff, but options are still very limited.

what i'm trying to say is, the existance/development of a certain multiplayer mod doesn't really affect the (development of) other multiplayer mods. most developers know that too.

what i'm trying to say is, the existance/development of a certain multiplayer mod doesn't really affect the (development of) other multiplayer mods. most developers know that too.

When it comes to people playing their mod, I think it does. If one mod has more sync than the other, obviously they would tell others about this and play that instead of the one less synced. This is just the way I see it.

Yup, me too, as fun as VC-MP is now, and with almost everything (a deathmatch requires) sync'd, i still rather play MTA, for many reasons.

That's hopefully the beauty of Blue, customisable in almost every aspect, that's what'l make it popular, and probably the best.

well, in MTA SA, keep that cop skin :P It's very cool to play with it (at RPG servers).

And I heard something about the 1st version to be released will be racing only... is that truth? :?

well, in MTA SA, keep that cop skin :P It's very cool to play with it (at RPG servers).

And I heard something about the 1st version to be released will be racing only... is that truth? :?

Check the Dev-Blog also for the latest news on whats happening.

Check the Dev-Blog also for the latest news on whats happening.

ai'ght, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...