[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

It seems that you opened a script with Ctrl+O or the button at the top? If so, then don't. Try to open a script from resource explorer instead. First select one of the loaded resources and then open one of Lua scripts.

At least I'll know that I should fix the issue with opened files with Open command.

Okay i'll test it but why functions dosen't show? i mean the server side and client side.

The MTA functions don't get highlighter nor added to autocomplete box since not every .lua script is an MTA script but I'll probably add an option checkbox so that user can decide if he wants to these features for all .lua scripts even the ones opened separately.

EDIT:

Little update 0.3 (4722). Please report anything you think needs fixing. Thanks in advance.

Release 0.3 (4722):

• fixed: Delete key does not delete text to the right of caret unless text is selected
  • fixed: Crash on startup when one of the resources has more then 1 root elements (thanks to KWKSND for being so patient due to me being pain in the ass)
  • fixed: Lua syntax checker for newly created files and added MTA function highlighter for them as well (thanks to α7мα∂qтя for the report and not giving up on me)
  • fixed: Opening files (Ctrl+O) allows to open same file multiple times
  • added: "File -> Open" menu item
  • added: Warning icon is now shown for the resources which failed to load (most likely due to meta.xml error)
  • added: You can now drag-and-drop files from Windows explorer to MTA:SE window to open files
  • added: Asterix (*) to the file tabs which have been changed but not saved (thanks to Al3grab for the report)

Hello again ,

Thanks for the new update , some reports:

1) Can't close the file after i opened it.

2) Cant open (.map) files ( and maps shouldn't be showing ).

3) There should be a option like (Save as) to save the new files ( not added to resources ).

1) How can't you close the file? I can close them perfectly fine. Explain the way to reproduce this bug.

2) I wanted to make sure .lua scripts work fine before I move on to .map files. I will also add a check box to Options window (once it's done) to let you show/hide map resources.

3) When you create a new file and want to save, it should ask you where you want to save it but I will add "Save as..." anyway.

Thanks for the report!

Hi.

I also have the first mentioned problem. I can open/save lua files, but when I click with right button on one tab, then click close, it doesn't closes.

I'm on Windows 7.

Thanks, fixed it, also added middle-clicking tabs will perform the same action as right-click -> Close. I'll let you guys know about the new release.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found some bugs in the syntax highlighting, when i comment more lines with this: --[[ sometext ]] (I don't know how to call it :roll: ).

If i remove it the text will remain green.

If I comment a line with a double hyphen inside of a block comment, then remove double hyphen, sometimes the line (or just some words in the line) become colored.

I hope you can understand it, sorry for my english :)

That's called multi-line comment.

I spoke to the author of the syntax highlighter and he sent me a fix for this but it still doesn't seem to work properly :| I'll have to find a way to fix it myself or use different syntax highlighter library.

I spoke to the author of the syntax highlighter and he sent me a fix for this but it still doesn't seem to work properly :| I'll have to find a way to fix it myself or use different syntax highlighter library.

It will get laggers when you have over 10.000 or 5.000 lines. So you can't make your own library?

It will get laggers when you have over 10.000 or 5.000 lines. So you can't make your own library?

1) What do you mean by "it will get laggers"?

2) Do you know how much time it'd take to make my own syntax highlighting lib? People make them as separate projects and they spend as much time on them as I do on this.

EDIT:

After searching for days, I found .NET wrapper for Scintilla syntax highlighter which I know from 3DS MAX Script Editor and apparently it's used by Notepad++ as well, so it's just a matter of setting it up properly.

Current release last edit in 2010, so it have mta sa 1.3.1 functions too ?

I don't understand your question I'm afraid. The latest build 4722 if from 5/12/2012 (for some reason the first post doesn't show the newest date). It includes all functions from wiki even the functions available from future MTA release (including nightly builds). Functions file was last updated on 2/12/2012 (exactly 1 month ago).

Current release last edit in 2010, so it have mta sa 1.3.1 functions too ?

I don't understand your question I'm afraid. The latest build 4722 if from 5/12/2012 (for some reason the first post doesn't show the newest date). It includes all functions from wiki even the functions available from future MTA release (including nightly builds). Functions file was last updated on 2/12/2012 (exactly 1 month ago).

Ok, Thanks. keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

This is great, but the last time I used this I had one problem.

This was when I right clicked the script, and set it so these type (.lua) open with Script Editor, but when the file is clicked, it doesn't open in the editor, you have to open it manually from there. Unlike N++ it automatically opens it when it is clicked. Is this just for me or will this be fixed in the next update?

Lloyd

This was when I right clicked the script, and set it so these type (.lua) open with Script Editor, but when the file is clicked, it doesn't open in the editor, you have to open it manually from there. Unlike N++ it automatically opens it when it is clicked. Is this just for me or will this be fixed in the next update?

Lloyd

I've tried to add this in the old version and as you said it never worked. For some reason arguments (e.g. a file you want to open) weren't passed to the main function therefore not opening them.

Lloyd

I've tried to add this in the old version and as you said it never worked. For some reason arguments (e.g. a file you want to open) weren't passed to the main function therefore not opening them.

Ahh, is this fixed in the New Release?