[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

VB is for Basic stuff.

Something as official as the unofficial MTA Script Editor cannot be made in VB.

Is there something else for you to do other then sit and write exactly what someone else said with different wording ;)

The VB language is not capable to reach the goal's of the task at hand. It's Too basic. Picture it like a pin hole, we need a pin to go through the hole, not a bolt.

Has the sudden crash error been fixed yet?

VB is for Basic stuff.

Something as official as the unofficial MTA Script Editor cannot be made in VB.

Is there something else for you to do other then sit and write exactly what someone else said with different wording ;)

The VB language is not capable to reach the goal's of the task at hand. It's Too basic. Picture it like a pin hole, we need a pin to go through the hole, not a bolt.

Yeah, right.

I did some edits to the wiki, but btw, #mtatools is dead :3

There was no need to change anything. You made it even worse (like removing Download section). #mtatools is dead because there was nobody there anyway.

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)

at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck)

at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(String path)

at Script_Editor.fNewResourceWizard.checkAvailibility_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• 2 months later...

Hello boys and girls, it's been a while since I last posted anything about MTA:SE progress. Since there were so many features that weren't working and people reporting bugs and crashes I decided to start from scratch. Well, not exactly from scratch but I started as a new project. The UI will be almost the same and I'll be releasing new versions more often so that I can keep adding new features along fixing bugs. Since the bug reports were sent to me via the application crash report window, this one will not have such feature but instead users will be asked to post the bugs on the forum or the bug tracker shared with MTA. Also, because of crash report window being removed I will also consider making it open source, this means it will not be "unofficial" any more! But before that happens, I need to have properly working base application.

So far, I've created completely new resource explorer which looks just like VS 2010 solution explorer. The code is much cleaner because I think about open source.

Here is a screenshot:

mw64ux.png

As you can see there is also a new icon for .dff, .txd and .col files (RW which stands for RenderWare). Next step is to support Zip resources. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and people who still use MTA:SE!

You can't because there is no newer version released yet. If you had read my last few posts you'd know that I'm writing new MTA:SE from scratch of course some of the old code is still being used. It will be stripped down from many not so important features and I'll be adding new stuff once all the bugs from older version will be fixed. The problem with 0.2.9.6 and earlier versions was that I kept adding new things and barely fixed crashes/bugs. This time I want to focus on bugs and then add new things. Code is now even cleaner now.

Thanks for your patience, I'll be getting new release soon. Stay tuned.

You can't because there is no newer version released yet. If you had read my last few posts you'd know that I'm writing new MTA:SE from scratch of course some of the old code is still being used. It will be stripped down from many not so important features and I'll be adding new stuff once all the bugs from older version will be fixed. The problem with 0.2.9.6 and earlier versions was that I kept adding new things and barely fixed crashes/bugs. This time I want to focus on bugs and then add new things. Code is now even cleaner now.

Thanks for your patience, I'll be getting new release soon. Stay tuned.

Ah I see. Keep up the good work :>

Is this supposed to work on Windows 7, because it crashes every time for me.

I'm on Windows 7 and it works fine for me. Anyway, I started working on the new "old" editor. I started from scratch but I'm still using some of the code which hasn't crashed before. I'll be releasing it to public soon. Stay tuned.

I figured out how to handle this bug.

It is in the error message that the path is invalid.

So i typed in the server path options.

Now it's back!

I hope I have helped you a few people!

EDIT:

Ohh man.

There are so many bugs.

Store does not keep time.

Autocomplete hanging around constantly.

I can not add files.

I can not add folders.

The update is also not correct.

Too bad .. the program would be in a very big and whole gelungens program with a good concept.

• 1 month later...

It's been some time since the last update but here it is. Like I said in my previous posts, I've been working on a new, fresh editor which is more basic but still has features which should make scripting resource easier/quicker. If for some reason it will crash, you will get an error.txt file in the MTASE folder, so just open it and let me know about the message you will get and how to reproduce the crash if possible. Thanks.

Syntax checker is disabled but it's my highest priority.

If there is anyone with MTASE crashing on start up, please let me know so I can get it fixed!

Here is a little list of changes:

Release 0.3b:

• First 0.3 beta release which is stripped down version of 0.2.9.6. There is much less features and it makes it more basic editor but it's more stable and still makes life easier for scripters.
  • changed: Menu icons (all created myself)
  • changed: Different syntax highlighter which highlights MTA functions (for client-side files it will highlight client-side functions, for server-side scripts - server-side function)
  • changed: Uses different sound player library
  • changed: Loading resources is now on a different thread so it doesn't freeze the application during loading.
  • changed: It now uses .NET 3.5 so you must have it installed before you can use MTA:SE
  • added: New icon for DirectX .fx files as well as .dff, .txd and .col (RenderWare files)
  • added: Supports .zip resources. You don't have to unzip resource to edit zipped resource. Now you can edit the zipped resources like if they were folder resources.
  • added: "New file" window
  • added: You can now preview font files. Just move your mouse over a font file and you'll see a preview showing "Sample text"
  • fixed: Some crashes and minor bugs

New screenshot:

so0fme_th.png

• 2 weeks later...