[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

I just installed it and it actually works just fine !

0b77839a19ae42ed80c694728d713c45.png

Just that I had to edit some acl myself as it failed to do so. But in the end everything is ok.

Also, note that the functions list is outdated but can be updated by anyone as they are stored in a simple .db file you can open/edit with sqlitebrowser for example.

I just installed it and it actually works just fine !

0b77839a19ae42ed80c694728d713c45.png

Just that I had to edit some acl myself as it failed to do so. But in the end everything is ok.

Also, note that the functions list is outdated but can be updated by anyone as they are stored in a simple .db file you can open/edit with sqlitebrowser for example.

Hey can you please give me your config.ini? Because program isnt adding settings and i cant add those values into it anyways

• Moderators

Trust me, the config.ini doesn't contain any interesting settings for it to work (except for the [sERVER_INTEGRATION] section only containing my admin account credentials that I can't post obviously).

What is/are the problem(s) you are facing ? We can fix it together. The way MTASE has been made allow it to work on recent versions of MTA without the need of updating the program itself.

But yeah as you said it failed to set some settings like updating the acl.xml, but we can do it manually.

If you have an access denied error for the MTASE resource in the server console that's the acl.xml problem. In this case attach/paste your acl.xml so I can see what is missing.

For the server integration, you need to create an account for MTASE by writing addaccount accountName password in the server console. Once created, shutdown the server and edit your acl.xml to add this user in the Admin group by adding it like so:

<group name="Admin"> 
    <object name="user.accountName"></object> 
</group> 

Then restart the server and try to submit the credentials in Tools > Options > Integration with MTA Server form.

But as I said the function database is outdated and we need a volunteer to make a script/program to update the database as it would take ages to do it manually.

Trust me, the config.ini doesn't contain any interesting settings for it to work (except for the [sERVER_INTEGRATION] section only containing my admin account credentials that I can't post obviously).

What is/are the problem(s) you are facing ? We can fix it together. The way MTASE has been made allow it to work on recent versions of MTA without the need of updating the program itself.

But yeah as you said it failed to set some settings like updating the acl.xml, but we can do it manually.

If you have an access denied error for the MTASE resource in the server console that's the acl.xml problem. In this case attach/paste your acl.xml so I can see what is missing.

For the server integration, you need to create an account for MTASE by writing addaccount accountName password in the server console. Once created, shutdown the server and edit your acl.xml to add this user in the Admin group by adding it like so:

<group name="Admin"> 
    <object name="user.accountName"></object> 
</group> 

Then restart the server and try to submit the credentials in Tools > Options > Integration with MTA Server form.

But as I said the function database is outdated and we need a volunteer to make a script/program to update the database as it would take ages to do it manually.

Well I can`t add settings. They just dissapear. Thats why i asked for config.ini . Btw how you installed it? Because I extracted installer and I`m using those files.

• Moderators

What do you mean by "I can't add settings" ? Resource settings in the meta.xml ?

I can tell you how I did it but it might not be exactly the same for you, that's why I was asking you what exactly wasn't working.

1 - I installed it as administrator and gave the correct path for the MTA San Andreas 1.5 folder and then the correct path for the mta server 1.5.

2 - I launched it as administrator then went into Tools -> Options ... and clicked on the button Integrate with MTA Server or something like that (at the bottom of the window). But the icon saying it's not fully integrated was still there because it didn't update my acl.xml properly.

3 - So I updated the acl.xml manually to add the missing MTASE group (check the acl file in the MTASE folder to see what should be added to your acl.xml

4 - Also the integration process should have copy the MTASE.zip resource into your resources folder. If not, copy it yourself.

5 - After adding the MTASE.zip resource, it should have added this resource in your mtaserver.conf so it's starting automatically with your server. If not, add it yourself.

6 - Created an user account mtase will use and added this user into my acl admin group (check my previous post for more details).

7 - Closed and Started the MTA Script Editor again, went to Tools -> Options ... and filled the Server integration form fields and then clicked on Test connection.

8 - Since then everything was working fine for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Can you help me ? :cry:

http://prntscr.com/8uz6tv

Two solutions:

1: Reinstall MTA Script Editor (MTASE) and make sure you specify the correct Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas folder and the correct Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas server folder the installation wizzard will ask you.

2: open the registry of your computer and look for the Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor key. I'm on a 64bit operating system so the path to the key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor

(on 32bits, the key might be located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor)

You should see something similar to this:

8d519ed013274881271f73be81b24389.png

Just modify the MTAClientDir and MTAServerDir to match your current MTA installation.

And as you can see, I'm using the MTA San Andreas 1.5 with MTASE and it works.

Note: You should not trust others about downloading a custom/fixed version of MTASE like MihăiţÂ did because there is no need to ! (specially if they do not provide a virustotal scan ...)

Hello there!

I recently discovered this program thanks to the Wiki page, but for some reason I can not install this program.

It constantly pops up a message that it can not find the MTA:SA folder, yet I have it installed. I tried looking in the REGEDIT and there is no Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor so I can't change the keys unfortunately.

Is there any way to fix this?

Sincerely

BelgianCat ;)

• Moderators

Well if you follow the steps carefully instead of clicking next next next without modifying the path then yeah you will get this error.

The regedit trick is only to "update" your MTA Script Editor to point on a new MTA version installed (you will need to create the mta account again and make the integration again).

Here is a video I just made using the last mta sa version (1.5):

If you still get stuck tell me where is your mta installed and what is your operating system (I mean what version of windows and if you are in 32 or 64 bits).

Regards,

Citizen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can you help me ? :cry:

http://prntscr.com/8uz6tv

Two solutions:

1: Reinstall MTA Script Editor (MTASE) and make sure you specify the correct Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas folder and the correct Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas server folder the installation wizzard will ask you.

2: open the registry of your computer and look for the Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor key. I'm on a 64bit operating system so the path to the key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor

(on 32bits, the key might be located at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto: Script Editor)

You should see something similar to this:

8d519ed013274881271f73be81b24389.png

Just modify the MTAClientDir and MTAServerDir to match your current MTA installation.

And as you can see, I'm using the MTA San Andreas 1.5 with MTASE and it works.

Note: You should not trust others about downloading a custom/fixed version of MTASE like MihăiţÂ did because there is no need to ! (specially if they do not provide a virustotal scan ...)

Thanks it worked.

And btw if anyone else says it doesn`t work install MTA:SA 1.3 from http://www.moddb.com/mods/multi-theft-a ... andreas-13 and then install MTA script editor. Hope it helps!