[Blog] New Scoreboard and Feature Update

Oli

Well, the last few weeks I've been very busy in real life, however, I have been working on a new scoreboard system. Its not totally complete quite yet, but hopefully it should be in a few days. This new system has support for teams and supports more players that will fit on the screen. Here is a basic overview of its features:

- Support for infinite teams

- Support for more players

- Team colours are shown on the scoreboard (as the background colour for the speecific team section)

Basically, the scoreboard will display all the teams, and the players who are not in a team. If there are too many teams to fit on the screen, then you can scroll down the teams. In each team section there are players with their details, if there are too many players for a team section, then you can also scroll the players in the team sections. This works by basically "selecting" a team section, and then you can scroll it.

I havn't managed to get a screenshot of this with lots of teams and players yet, but i'll show you one with just me in the server and you'll get the idea:

mtasa_dm_scoreboard_thumb.jpg

This is still a work in progress mind you, but it should be completed in the coming days.

On another note, I have now added some more functionality to the radar system. You can now zoom in/out, move around the radar, and attach it to your local player, so you are always in the centre of the radar map. These all have controls which are keybinds, and you can customise them in the key control options box.

MrJax has been a busy boy too, he has just done some work on players clothes, so now players can have different clothes. He and eAi have also added support for jetpacks, which is a nice fun feature :)

Player streaming has been overhauled and now is far more effective. Players are now streamed out when a far way away, which allows us to support more players in the server.

The global accounts system has also been rewritten, so now it uses the XML system in the server, and player registering is also possible. This has some other benefits which I won't go into at this time, but you'll find out soon enough ;)

Thats about all I have to update you on tonight, stay tuned for some more exciting info coming soon!

Oli