MTABOT

ok, this has just been released to a LOT of people playing MTA.

Basically its a BOT that responds to commands via pm to it in the server. It also has a gui and can be controlled from windows. This bot can kill on request using many weapons and can act as a taxi service etc for players in the server.

It can also do the following:

[FMJ]Replica killed Bot. (Heli Cannon)

Replica was not even in game at that time.

Now for now the only way i can see to stop this is to not allow duplicate IP addresses, which is a shame for LAN people, as people in the server can connect using the client to control it from in game. This WONT stop just the bot on its own.

If any member of the MTA team wants a copy of the prog to take a look at then pm me or ask me on irc, ill be on there discussing it with u guys tonight anyways.

I cannot stress enough the problems this has already caused, and if it continues to spread then its going to be a nightmare.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no its not invicible, but that doesnt mean it doesnt break any rules. It can jetpack anywhere, never runs out of ammo etc.

The point of this topic is to find a way fo a) detecting it and b) stopping it cos its becoming a large problem already

Wow this is really bad as fmj stated. really my worst fears have came true someone made a ingame bot. Now if you think that is not a problem your wrong. It may sound like its doing slimpe things but really what it could do is down right scary. You must find away to fix this fast.

I've never seen it in game. has it been released to the public yet?

Apparently half the beter known players in the community are using it, well this isnt any kind of official team statement merely a personal one, but currently i have NO wish to do any further work on 0.4.x,

Enjoy your hack filled, cheat populated, Aimbot jetpacking AI cheat filled, unstable and unfair servers and try and remember the times when you could have fair FUN. Why on earth should we put in so much time to make something entertaining when you all try your best to screw it up for everyone else.

yes i completely agree, this is appauling. I was sent this bot from a know MTA player, whos name ill not say, and he was using it on my server till i banned it.

So far ive banned the default name of the bot from my server and disallowed duplicate ip's. Im gonna work with some other ppl to see if there is a way of detecting it, but if anyone has any ideas then feel free to bring them up in this topic.

This thing is easy as pie to detect.

At this stage, I would only consider it a novelty since it's so rudimentary. But it definitely has potential to become an all-out cheat (WHICH I WOULD NOT USE TYVM).

Also, it gets boring VERY quickly, so the popularity among legit players will just blow right on over within a few days.

Form what I was reading on irc could you not just use admin + and watch for the X,Y. since this things warps and moves really fast it should make those go nuts. If thats the case in theroy of fine tuned MTAMA sricpt should beable to auto ban the sucker.

and also does the mta client send a crc to the mta server? where if the the mta client exe does not = the right size could the server could just auto ban that IP?

I dunno I have not seen this bot in action so I really don't know I was just reading the irc log from today.

EDIT (Sinces the bot is it's own client for the second suggestion.)

ok, prob wiht checking x and y coords on everyone in the server is that ud have to have a timer checking all positions as much as possible, say once every 0.5 secs, on every player in the server. This is similar to a speed checker. There are 2 problems with that. 1) 100% CPU usage all the time, however fast ure computer = highly inefficent. 2) mtama doesnt refress coords too often cos of the fact its a plugin. This leads to very inaccurate results and could lead to incorrect information.

outback, care to enlighten us to how this is "easy as pie" to detect?

yeh Oli's right!

ive seen this too, u cud easily make it go round killin every single person in a server instantly, screw up scores, flood the server and much more....

and yeh, if the person had a few ISPs it cud be impossible to stop!

:evil::evil::evil:

ok, prob wiht checking x and y coords on everyone in the server is that ud have to have a timer checking all positions as much as possible, say once every 0.5 secs, on every player in the server. This is similar to a speed checker. There are 2 problems with that. 1) 100% CPU usage all the time, however fast ure computer = highly inefficent. 2) mtama doesnt refress coords too often cos of the fact its a plugin. This leads to very inaccurate results and could lead to incorrect information.

outback, care to enlighten us to how this is "easy as pie" to detect?

There's an understanding that has to be made:

There's more then 1 of these bots. There are several versions in which function differently. As I understand two of these bots atleast require someone PMing commands to the bots for it to do anything. This is easily noticable. The second thing is the following:

One of these bots is extremely rudimentary and can only really be used as a joke. This bot can not aim at any player for it's life, can not use vehicles, and can only run around on foot. (Unless set on follow, which then it can get in as passenger in the vehicle your in, big whoop)

The second of these bots is a lot more dangerous. This one, seen in use by a player who's name I for now will keep secret until a list of anyone using these bots is to be made, can be nearly invincable, use all vehicles, transport to any location, gun down anyone while in full sprint and multiple other things. While so far I've seen this bot controlled PM wise, I suspect other things will be coming that will be a lot less noticable.

For the first one, I can't see why you'd get banned for cheating, as it's moreso a joke "onos, the bot's are chasing me, run fer your lives" while the second bot is an actually very dangerous foe.

Outback has seen the rudimentary version first hand and it easy to detect.

Edited by Guest

I've seen people make it "clone" their movements with about a second delay...it's like fighting fucking clones, altho the cheater was quite suprised when I killed him, then his pussy bot ;P

Anyway, blocking mutliple connections from one ip would suck, too often I have a friend come over to play mta.

If it's another app, couldn't it be stopped...well, attempted to be stopped the same way a trainer can?

On a side note: I'm really getting fed up with these people...be nice if they'd have some respect to those who really want to fucking play a game. Damn kids.

a) correct, people are using it for unfair advantages, and disrupting gameplay. Imagine on cheater...who controls ANOTHER cheater like a puppet, it becomes quite annoying when you're trying to have a fight and a retard swoops in with clones.

b) I think the main problem is it's impossible to monitor everyone, and who know how easy it is to turn the bot off and make everyone look the fool when it comes around to banning.

well, ok a ban on the pm strings would be easy, but thats not the only thing these bots do, there are plenty of ways of making it do things without pming it, so its still a problem as far as i can see

........and like MrBump said, they dont want to do anythin more with 0.4, so there wont b anything stopping these, except a gd script! (if its possible)

No... MrBump said that HE didn't want anything more to do with 0.4. As far as I understand, the majority of the team will be focusing on the new core, with only a few working on 0.4.

ok, as a temp measure against this bot, i suggest all admin block the name bot from their servers, dont allow duplicate ip's and add this to their alias mta.pm:

elseif (($4 == attack) && ($5 isnum)) {
   mta.say $1 $mta.name($1,$2) $+ : Suspected BOT usage (BOT: $mta.name($1,$mta.getid($1,$3)) $+ )
   mta.ban $1 $2
   mta.ban $1 $mta.getid($1,$3)
 }
 elseif (($4 == follow) && ($5 isnum)) {
   mta.say $1 $mta.name($1,$2) $+ : Suspected BOT usage (BOT: $mta.name($1,$mta.getid($1,$3)) $+ )
   mta.ban $1 $2
 }
 elseif (($4 == fire) && ($5 isnum)) {
   mta.ban $1 $2
 }

its not that hard to get rid of honestly

it uses pm commands and thus is hardly indetectible like other cheats are

as some have already figured out u can script irc to get rid of it on sight.. not that hard

just as a warning i would only have it get rid of the person who sends the pm, not the reciever. or it could begin to be abused to get people banned

2 things.

1) if ppl try to abuse that script they will get banned themselves, but i do see it could be a small risk.

2) PPL have started hex editing the program, changing the command strings so they dont get kicked, so there r still problems :(

just keep adding in those commands to ur script.. takes a bit of work but at least every n00b out there wont be using it

and yes its a small risk but its one none the less

and as a general warning i would bet were seeing the very early beta stages of this bot.

anyone whos played cs will know what im talking about as far as aimbots go... luckily i think theres to much lag to build a good one time will tell

but this isnt a complete shock as i expected these bots to appear much sooner (0.2)

I'm so ok with Mr Bump

This game is shit he barely admitted

And he is right ; not shit because of the software, which is even in this early stage really good, but because of people playing it (the cheaters at least)

But if I may say, whith specific gamemodes and no pure stubby deathmatch, people would perhaps stop cheating, and concentrate on the gamemode

I have tested this bot against myself in an empty server

It aint so hard beating it

I did an 1 vs 1 with it to 10 and i won with 10-3

The problem is when it beats you it will follow u and spawnkill , if u spawn near the place where u died like phils place

This is all i gotta say