The Evolution of MTA

There is a wonderful site called The Way Back Machine where you can look at old archived websites.

So I thought I'd put http://www.multitheftauto.com and http://www.mtavc.com in and see what it brought up. Through that I also found the archive IJs has.

IJs Archive

GTA3 ALTERNATIVE MULTIPLAYER

Details of GTA3AM 0.1.

GTA3MTA

Version 0.2a has just been released.

GTA3MTA

Talking about the future 0.3b version.

Way Back http://www.multitheftauto.com

March 12, 2003

Shows updates about GTA3MTA 0.3 version which was in development at the time.

April 11, 2003

Updates about delays, new features of GTA3MTA etc.

June 28, 2003

Shocking news about a new project - MTA:VC and the merger of the YaMM team with MTA.

Way Back http://www.mtavc.com

September 19, 2003

A lot of news here - MTA:VC 0.2 beta tests and features.

October 16, 2003

Progress on MTA:VC 0.3 and the announcement of an integrated client for both GTA3 and VC in the future.

October 19, 2003

News that a stunt mode is nearly finished and may be included in the 0.2 crash fix update.

January 28, 2004

Shortly after the release of MTA:VC 0.3r2 and MTAMA 1.21.

February 10, 2004

The 1 year anniversary of MTA.

March 28, 2004

Progress of MTA 0.4.

April 14, 2004

The April Fools joke is the last news item.

May 7, 2004

MTA 0.4 GTA3 test.

May 24, 2004

The infamous 0.4 smoothness video.

July 23, 2004

MTA 0.4 released.

August 10, 2004

MTA 0.4.1 release and gameplay video.

That's all folks! Enjoy.

the first I head of mta was GTA3MTA 0.3 I tried it with my sister but it didn't work. it was 2 players and you had to load the same savegame, then get into a car and press ctrl+F12 or something and then the other player was supposed to get in the other car, we never got it working...

Later I came back to mta again with MTA:VC 0.4.1 and it was really cool. I liked it. (now I still like mta hehehe) Ow man I want MTA:SA

yea thats pretty neat, though I'm getting really sick of the words evolution and revolution in regards to MTA.

Why? Surely every release is an evolution?

You could say that, but its more of a revolution since after 0.3 it got worse and things were changed.

Why? Surely every release is an evolution?

because?

i mean, that the MTA brought multiplayer to GTA3 was a sort of revolution, (i think) nobody really expected that anyone would start a multiplayer project. switching to C++ with an improved multiplayer version for vc was a small revolution for MTA i guess, but since mta 0.2 every new mta version was based on the same core, so i wouldn't call that an evolution; neither a revolution. MTA BLUE is supposed to bring another revolution for MTA, but i agree with ransom, all this revolution talk is getting kinda annoying. newsupdate with screens/ and or movies related to mta blue aren't however( in my opinion, since i want to see what the mta blue core is capable of).

yea thats pretty neat, though I'm getting really sick of the words evolution and revolution in regards to MTA.

What would you call it then, you sad joyless little man?

And FYI - I nicked the title from an unrelated forum where someone had done a similar thing, which is how I heard about the Way Back Machine in the first place.

Damn it was a joke man dont get your panties in a bunch. I'm referring to the usage of either of them often in the forum, not poking fun at MTA's progress and abilities.

I guess Jon's interpretation set everyone out on the wrong foot. Though, an interesting discussion also. ;P

What would you call it then, you sad joyless little man?

And FYI - I nicked the title from an unrelated forum where someone had done a similar thing, which is how I heard about the Way Back Machine in the first place.

aint you that guy with the humourous sig ABOUT mta blue in the kfc forums?

yea.

That was posted at the Teams suggestion, I'd a collection of dozens of screenshots that had been shown in IRC and was interested to post some on the forums, it was suggested I post and get some other peoples reactions. I then started a thread devoted to it, with permission from the members who had shown each image.