Using the Mobile Phones

Trows

i like this idea a lot would be nice if it could activate a voice chat program to connect to the persons ip or have a text option if you dont want to use voice chat as for the dots on the radar i realy think they should be gone! its going to take the fun out of snipers when those come along and will give better stealth to those who dont want to be seen:) dots would take the fun out of sneeking around the corner and blasting someone away when they arent paying attention hehe

I agree with both points, the dots are essential for finding the other players and the hotspots of activity, but are also a real problem when it comes to stealthier play. So perhaps enable the dots when a player is more than a certain distance away from you, but once u are within that radius their dot dissapears from the radar. Although this may get confusing as the same would happen if somebody quit the game (dot would dissapear) so u may end up searching an area for someone who is no longer around. Perhaps use another system for 'close' players, a simple nick list next to the radar to indicate they are nearby?

Although this may get confusing as the same would happen if somebody quit the game (dot would dissapear) so u may end up searching an area for someone who is no longer around

That shouldnt be too much of a problem seeing as it says when someone quits in the corner, so it might be quite easy to tell anyways. :D

I think that the dots should be able to be configured by the host too. If any of you have played GTA II multiplayer i think that it was a great rockstar had, so if we kept it the way it is its fine. GTA vice city isn't really a sneaking around kind of game.

i think it woiuld be best for the dots to be server-config ,

or the dots only show on the map, not radar

if it could activate a voice chat program to connect to the persons ip

You could just use teamspeak, i use it with MTA all the time

still would be easyer to push a key that would load it in the background and connect it could be done its actualy a very easy code would be doing the same as a macro not saying this has to be in but would be usefull for some gangs who want to start a voice conference with out having to tab and waiting for all to connect :)

GTA vice city isn't really a sneaking around kind of game.

Maybe not, but its nice to have the option of spying on the opposition. Also sniping wont be very effective, if you are basically seen more or less straight away.

How how when someone joins/leaves a robot wo/man announces "Player has joined the game", "Players has quit the game" then on the map the icon showing the players positions slowly fades to show hes quitting.

I think a good way to use the phone and be seen on the radar is that you can only be tracked when you call someone and when the calls over it leaves your last postion for another minute

how about, you can only use phones inside buildings? that way it reduces your chances of being run over at least..

and about removing the dots, i personally think you shouldn't, although howabout a powerup so that your blip on the radar is removed for minute or say 5 minutes, or until you get shot or so, i think that would allow for a better idea, because otherwise lots of people will just sit in one location and snipe, this way they can do that, but in order to stay invisable they have to run out get the powerup and get back to they're hidding place?

what about typing your phone message with one hand(left) and be able to sit able to draw a weapon, so you can slightley defend your self using the mouse

that requries making new animations, which we cant do yet in vice city, and i dont think we can in gta3 either

I like whoever's idea it was for a list of nearby players. So if an enemy sniper was nearby, you'd know he was, and you could search for him, but you wouldn't be able to see where exactly he is...

The cell phone thing... the problem is just that you can't do anything while using it. can't get in cars, can't hold weapons... So, you'd have to get out of your car, or remove your weapon if someone wanted to voice chat with you.... :(