1. 1. How did you hear about MTA?

• Played SA-MP, heard about it
    • Played SA-MP, looked for an alternative
    • Recommended/Word of mouth
    • Looking for SA multiplayer mod
    • Randomly stumbled across it
    • Earlier version(s)

Question

I was playing sa-mp and I was trying to create my server and i asked people on the sa-mp fourm and they all were calling me a noob and talking crap so im like f this and then i searched san andreas online and sa-mp took up the first few slots but there was mta vc and i clicked it and found out it had san andreas to. People here are alot nicer and now i got my own server called mta zombies r us thanks to mta fourm and its members. I still play sa-mp cause more people play it and the rp servers are better.

Word Of Mouth - Two of my friends told me about an upcoming beta test. Too bad my computer could barely run it, MTA:DM was buggy back then. I was forced to play it at 640x480. :\ I kept on watching the MTAQA videos and fantasizing. But then I eventually got a new P.C... and when I heard about MTA going open source, I started playing it.

Well it was in the end of MTA:VC right befor MTA:Race made the scene.

Played a little, like 2-3 hours a week and like after 2-3 months i stopped, i had no time and i did have to much problems with my old HP with a old AMD Athlon CPU that did overheat like 2 hours into the game. Also the pc bluescreened alot.

So yea i was offline for like 2-3 months and one day i was reading some norwegian forum for gta that i was a active member of (GrandTheftAuto.no, not existing anymore!) there somebody started talking about this new mta mod for SA called MTA:Race

I begged my father to help me out with some money so i could aford a new pc, he did and since then i have been playing mta. Without my 3 month stop in everything called gameing.

So in the end MTA have made me overhaul my computer two times.

In the past, I played MTA: Race. It was great! But I didn't look at the website and the DM version yet.

I'm off for a while, then I play SA-MP. But bugs, lags (very late sync) and late streaming (because of ping) made me frustrated, then played original GTA SA by modding it. After a long time, I looked at MTA Race again, but server was empty... So I checked with Youtube "MTA SA" (by accident), I saw that there is actually a DM version (which is DP2), which I suddenly get impressed with it. But, looks buggy, and I named that as "MTA SA".

Because I was kicked by most servers (because of ping) and still buggy, so I moved to SA-MP again. Hearing one of the map topic on SA-MP, I heard he used MTA SA. I said: "huh, how can he use that map editor? looks different...", so I checked MTA SA website once. And I realized there is 1.0 Version, which in case, suddenly get enjoyed after meeting with the race again (also by looking 1.0 trailer). Since then, I throw away all my ping frustrations from SA-MP. Then started the career on MTA SA till now.

I was first looking for an alternative, then heard about it. So there is 2 reasons why I moved to MTA SA.

great XX3, now stay with us :D

Let me introduce myself, i started GTA since 1999, played the 1 on PSX... I never stopped GTA since that.

So of course i played on MTA 0.3, then 0.5 that was fun ! After i got San Andreas, i first played GTA:T, then MTA Race, but as i prefer deathmatch, i played on SA-MP in 2006.

In January 2007, i was bored of the 75% progress 0.3 then suddenly it changed to 0.2.5 and so many bugs that weren't fixed,

i decided to move to MTA, and i'm impressed of the quality of the mod :D

first it was 0.2.5, then it was 0.3. i play samp since 2007, and they didnt start developing 0.2.5 in 2007, its 2008(or even 2009) that they started

i don't want to remember this part of GTA. MTA is 100x more significant to me now. :P

true but while both mods are gta sa multiplayers, they're both good in one or another way. tbh I like both, I've played gta sa for so long I dont tend to judge anymore :P

Saw gta3:mta, played the first public MTA:VC (I loved the place near Malibu club where everyone spawned and tried to jump over the other side of the nearby river or stunt jumped on the ramp near the nearest bridge, or jacked other players cars while they were actually already driven away), which crashed a lot and couldn't be compared to current MTA (which is way more advanced and cooler), the character selection on the highest building, with buttons moving the golf car was a clever solution for that time too.

And now I just like the idea behind MTA itself, though not enjoy playing too much (sometimes I do like to play too, though).

• MTA Team

roled into it 2 days after the release of gta3:am . Noticed it on a forum where IJs was asking around for some webspace. offered it and now +7 years later i'm still hanging around, investing money (man, what a bad investment, the ROI is 0)

I started from MTA:Race back in 2005 played it about a year and when SA-MP was released i moved there. Played sa-mp over 2-3 years then stopped because SA-MP got gay and boring, people started to abuse anything to gain advantage over other players. Then when first MTA:DM public release came out i played it a bit but because of annoying controls and the fact most servers didnt have bugs enabled (crouch bug, fast reload) and i didnt find a gamemode suitable for myself to play on, i stopped. But now when MTA 1.0.3 was released i started to play again.