Beta

soot

Question

I was thinking, since betas coming up and people are already being chosen, what about the people no one knows about. People who dont actually participate in the forums or irc but would make a great edition to the team. Is there a 'system' in place to accomodate these select few?

P.S. For those curious, I dont intend to 'spam'. Its just ive had these thoughts in my mind for months and im on a roll wording them.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I didnt take into account trustworthyness, oops. What sort of damage could someone who turned do I wonder? Anyway, I was thinking, well... people like me. Someone who may be good at what they do, experienced and therefore able to contriubte alot to a team but wouldnt find as much fun out of forums as others do. Hope this isnt coming across the wrong way.

That said this isnt a self attempt to get myself on the beta team, although I may feel like id be able to make a good contribution I also feel like there are people out there who are more deserving. Please dont read into it.

:oops:

I didnt take into account trustworthyness, oops. What sort of damage could someone who turned do I wonder? Anyway, I was thinking, well... people like me. Someone who may be good at what they do, experienced and therefore able to contriubte alot to a team but wouldnt find as much fun out of forums as others do. Hope this isnt coming across the wrong way.

That said this isnt a self attempt to get myself on the beta team, although I may feel like id be able to make a good contribution I also feel like there are people out there who are more deserving. Please dont read into it.

:oops:

Beta testers are privvy to builds of the game and information that has not been released to the public yet. They could cause a lot of damage by releasing these to the public. There's no official length of time that you have to be a member of the community, but you would need to become well-known and familiar within the community as someone who is trustworthy. Beta testers need to be prepared to visit IRC frequently. In fact, visiting IRC is a good way to get yourself known. We are also looking for dedicated people who are willing and able to put time into finding bugs, not people who just want to play the game to see what it's like.

Beta testers need to be prepared to visit IRC frequently. In fact, visiting IRC is a good way to get yourself known. We are also looking for dedicated people who are willing and able to put time into finding bugs, not people who just want to play the game to see what it's like.

If only trustworthness wasnt an issue, theres probobly quite a few people out there would be perfect for the team but just arnt actively known. Maybe not. Wish someone would speak up or tell me im wrong.

Beta testers need to be prepared to visit IRC frequently. In fact, visiting IRC is a good way to get yourself known. We are also looking for dedicated people who are willing and able to put time into finding bugs, not people who just want to play the game to see what it's like.

If only trustworthness wasnt an issue, theres probobly quite a few people out there would be perfect for the team but just arnt actively known. Maybe not. Wish someone would speak up or tell me im wrong.

Its not just trustworthyness. Time and time again we've had beta testers who've thought beta testing MTA will be a breeze and a lot of fun. It takes real dedication to get passed the 'fun' stage and do real stress testing. We've had so many people leave the QA because they didnt realise there was more to just playing (and that's a fact).

theres probobly quite a few people out there would be perfect for the team but just arnt actively known. Maybe not

Exactly, i have to agree with you at this specific point, i've known other guys from the past who have my total respect and are always polite to speak to when we ever chat over the messengers, sometimes as well we have short conversations over the microphone. Being actively helps to identify each person's background throughout the community, giving the recruiters more information on specific members to learn more from. Nobody can just turn up and be selected straight away without any specifc background to that member's past.

Its not just trustworthyness. Time and time again we've had beta testers who've thought beta testing MTA will be a breeze and a lot of fun. It takes real dedication to get passed the 'fun' stage and do real stress testing. We've had so many people leave the QA because they didnt realise there was more to just playing (and that's a fact).

Ok? Just to clarify I was intending people who were ready for it.

Youll have to excuse me, im still learning how to word myself properly. Its friggen hard.

"Being actively helps to identify each person's background throughout the community, giving the recruiters more information on specific members to learn more from. Nobody can just turn up and be selected straight away without any specifc background to that member's past." - I dont understand.

I am a long time player of mta:vc and moved of to play sa-mp I don't know if that would mean anything. It would be kool to have highly respected people from sa-mp to test; maybe 1 or 2. I own a clan called The Mob and we have been progressing quit nicely http://www.themobclan.org is here as reference. From mta vc I have been admiring the scripts and the banning system. I would like to help test this mod.

I am a long time player of mta:vc and moved of to play sa-mp I don't know if that would mean anything. It would be kool to have highly respected people from sa-mp to test; maybe 1 or 2. I own a clan called The Mob and we have been progressing quit nicely http://www.themobclan.org is here as reference. From mta vc I have been admiring the scripts and the banning system. I would like to help test this mod.

Self advertisment lol. Dont ask for being a beta tester, that won't help you to get in.

"Being actively helps to identify each person's background throughout the community, giving the recruiters more information on specific members to learn more from. Nobody can just turn up and be selected straight away without any specifc background to that member's past." - I dont understand.

Just mentioning that each person must have a respectable background to this community if anyone has any chance in being selected for the beta team. Basically im saying that if that specfic person's background is full of cheat and disruptive innovation, then they wouldnt be chosen. Im just expressing the trustworthness within this conversation.

Self advertisment lol. Dont ask for being a beta tester, that won't help you to get in.

lol I tried to ask in a Concealed way ^^ we'll if you guyz never heard of me then its obvious I'll be far from your thoughts. Thats why I gaved some of my information to you. Soz if I caused any problems