2003 official R* reaction

Blokker_1999

Yeah, I noticed the banners and guessed that they were part of the deal with Wojjie, but they don't make a profit in monetary terms from them.

3. R* would probably not have given them permission to edit GTAVC if they were trying to make money.

Yep, very true. Or else they would want royalty payments.

I doubt rockstar would have anything against from making money off the product MTA indirectly. Like you can not sell the actual MTAVC mod, but you can sell ad space on the website, or other various indirect sales. You just can not make money off the mod directly.

• 5 months later...

The MTA team must be some dedicated people. How do they maintain the entire project without any profit at all? Well... very little profit. I hope they don't get in a financial bind down the road... it would be a real shame to lose the project to damn money situations. I'm sure if that were ever an issue, they would turn to their followers. I for one wouldn't hesitate to donate some cash to the project, but then again, I guess that would be violating the GTA EULA. Oh well... at any rate, I wish the best for the MTA team and hope to see future versions of MTA come to life.

The MTA team must be some dedicated people. How do they maintain the entire project without any profit at all? Well... very little profit.

Very little profit? We get no financial profit. The whole Team however get an invaluable wealth of; Experience creating something unique, Working as a team, Satisfaction when the next version rolls out and ASE shows hundreds playing, Doing the 'impossible'*, Finding the annoying bug and squashing it (only to find more but thats another story), The positive reaction from our large, and very vocal, community, and last but by no means least The pleasure of down tools for a while to play our creation. (although for most thats a short period before moving on to the next few releases).

Of course there are negatives too but lets concentrate on the positives :)

*improbable

• 4 weeks later...
Well, not all true.

1. Wojjie hosts their site and servers for free for having their banners on the page (because they believed MTA would become popular, and they are right as it has had 3361922 visitors as of now). So they couldn't advertise other things even if they wanted to (I would think so anyways as thats also trying to profit and they are getting a free ride.)

2. The servers page has SOME advertisements because TVKE wants to make money (:P).

3. R* would probably not have given them permission to edit GTAVC if they were trying to make money.

3= i wud rather be interested in playing gta online. its the only reason i went out n brought the game. other then that i had it on PS2. but thats different.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...