The problems with 0.5, 0.4, and 0.3. devs read...

DeathB

the m60 was good in 0.3? try 0.2

0.2 the m60 had dead on aim (u shoot a little to the right and u hit them everytime), every release there after unless ur right infront of the guy aiming strait at him it would not hit, ok fine right? wrong

when ur off to the side or behind him, ur bullets arent going to hit him, good luck tryin becuz it ISNT-GONNA-HAPPEN

i suggest bringing back the m60 to the way it was in 0.2.. in 0.2 i used the m60 vs the stubby in one vs ones all the time and won, why? becuz the molie/m60 combo made us a match for the stubby user

heres a thought for the devs

instead of trying to nuke the most powerful weapons in hope of getting the "lesser" ones to be better do this instead

MAKE THE LESSER ONES BETTER

in other words, stop nuking the m60, give it 200 ammo again, give it back its 0.2 aim, and leave it. stop :o with it.

then when ur done with that

take the ruger, give it more ammo, and make the bullets hit for 3 more hp per hit, and make the m4 hit for 1hp more a hit

and stop ignoring the robber spawn, its gotten old, the robber spawn is the biggest issue in this game and instead of being fixed its continually left alone.

switch the crusader and robber spawns/spawnstyles/whateveruwannacallit, and then we wont have to deal with the endless stubby wars.

you guys did a excelent job with the stubby in this version despite what people elsewhere are saying, LEAVE IT, tho do disable crouching with it if ur gonna disable jumping, k thnx

oh, and give every spawn a machine gun, thats right, every spawn. theres no machine gun fights out there right now becuz no classes spawn with them that are half decent. so give us all machine guns and get that gun into play

and while ur at it, bbts

aka, bring back the spas

its annoying as hell that the spas is not in the game, why? becuz its a perfectly legit weapon and its syncd

every syncd weapon should be in the game, theres no reason otherwise. if the minigun is doing to much dmg, then lower it a notch, just dont nuke it. the spas should be a gun that you can go and make everyone in a room fall down with, not nuke everyone in the room, but you should be able to use it to get someone on the ground, maybe make it do 10 dmg per hit, it doesnt matter. just make it keep someone on the ground and itl be a good and balanced weapon

as far as the rc goes, put it into deathmatch, theres no reason why you should be trying to make something "exclusive" to stunt mode outside of nos. if something is incredibly fun and a lot of users request it, put it in and let us have fun, stop making "design" decisions that dont make sense according to the laws of u kno.. FUN

almost done, but not quite.

im going to reiterate this one more time

RANDOMIZE THE ROBBER SPAWN

its getting annoying that this isnt heard, the crusader has no reason to have thier spawns random, noone plays the class becuz its spawns are random, u can take my word for that.

switch the robber and crusader spawn styles and get the people over the city again, then we might be able to stop the endless same ol that mta has become

and with that, i doubt this post will be considered by the "design" team whoever that is due to the fact that i heard people i havent seen ingame in years giving design callouts on the stubby, which shows something right there. in general, start actually listening to the people who play the game instead of the irc whores, then maybe we can start resolving the real issues and stop seeing all these design changes that quite frankly are bluntly idiotic

the fact we saw jumping disabled and crouching left alone shows who theyre listening to right there

dont like this post? to damn bad, its the whole and unaltered thruth and i wont butter it up at the cost of a few feelings or fear of a mod abusing thier powers again.

and with that said, heres to making mta what it once was back in 0.2, u kno, enjoyable

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of that book

I don't think damage is the issue with Minigun or spaz...it's rate of fire... but if they did that it makes ppl stand still and easy target so it would be fun...

Minigun is insanely powerful... and it's fun for a little while but it would get old quick (or so I hear :lol: )

the theme was more power and weapons over less and raise the weak weapons instead of weakening the strong ones

if you didn't read the stuff above I just saved you an hour

0.2 the m60 had dead on aim[..]

as you said yourself, needed abit to the right. so it wasnt dead on aim. though the aim was good, so you are partially correct here

when ur off to the side or behind him, ur bullets arent going to hit him, good luck tryin becuz it ISNT-GONNA-HAPPEN

also correct

i suggest bringing back the m60 to the way it was in 0.2[..]

you cant bring it back without bringing ALL the weapons back..

take the ruger, give it more ammo, and make the bullets hit for 3 more hp per hit, and make the m4 hit for 1hp more a hit

nice calculations..

oh, and give every spawn a machine gun, thats right, every spawn. theres no machine gun fights out there right now becuz no classes spawn with them that are half decent. so give us all machine guns and get that gun into play

agreed

well, as kung said, its not their damage, its their rate of fire

blah i dont see whats so fun about the rc anyways :roll:

RANDOMIZE THE ROBBER SPAWN

ja.

<"design team" talk here>

err.. what design team? oh.. and i dont think that mtateam listen to anyone 'cept for themselves btw :roll:

the fact we saw jumping disabled and crouching left alone shows who theyre listening to right there

you wouldnt even realise how much i try to play it when i have time.. you know that.. i dont know about the other irc whores thou.. anyways, disallowing jumping is an easy thing(single weapons.dat change), but makes something uncrouchable is only for blue technology..

dont like this post? to damn bad, its the whole and unaltered thruth and i wont butter it up at the cost of a few feelings or fear of a mod abusing thier powers again.

err? when did i delete any post that youve made?

and with that said, heres to making mta what it once was back in 0.2, u kno, enjoyable

dont enjoy it? dont play it. its that simple actually :P

blah blah read the red text. ^

damage and rate of fire are connected... if the bullets are already doing 1hp per hit then its the rate of fire that needs to be changed to lower the damage. either way same achievement

and yes the m60 did have dead on aim, if the weapons are all connected aiming wise thats new to me, as last time i checked they werent. if they are connected then leave the aiming be. if not then replace the m60 aim with the 0.2 aim, people will like aiming a lil to the right more then having to stand infront of someone to be able to hit them methinks

rc is a cool little car that your guy looks funny in.. the funny thing to do would be go give it nos, i dont think it would upset the game balance to give one car nos and it would be funnier then hell to be able to nos people into the water.. or even funnier to see someone nos themselves into the water

and the main "input" i saw was during the beta, which pissed me off as the input i saw being given was from people who dont even play. i dont think it makes a diff revealing i was in the 0.5 beta now as i doubt il get in another one. i pissed off the irc whores by calling them out for not knowing shit when they were trying to make design decisions and that was the last time i was ever called to be in a beta 8)

and yes dragon, i realize u might not have time, or it might be lame to you, or whatever the reason is people find it more enjoyable to sit on irc and talk about how imbalanced mta is rather then playing the actual game. still mystifies me but wateva. still, the fact is u dont play as much as other people and thus dont know all the things we do. there are crouch glitches which i bet u havent even heard of. nothing on a personal level, just facts.

as far as crouching, if u cant disable it til blue then fine wel live, but the nade throwing animation was removed, i say edit the crouch animation to take 10 seconds, then it wont be an option to crouch glitch with any weapon as theyl be to busy actually crouching :twisted:

and yes dragon, it is that simple.

maybe thats why the mta users has gone down since 0.2, guess its that simple isnt it?

as far as mod abuse, plz ignore that i shouldnt have brought that up here as it just detracts from the point im trying to make

Edited by Guest

as most of the people iv talked to so far have said, these are just points that have been on peoples minds but noone has said them. if they have been said then whateva, i dont have time to sort thru 10 page threads of people arguing over a or b is better to find that odd post thats useful

rate of fire is different from damage because of the shot cancelling... no matter how low the damage of a minigun they will be able to cancel any other gun because they don't reload... spaz same thing to a lesser extent

If it is a fact that crouching cannot be removed with this core and that we have to remove glitches then the logical conclusion would be to remove the weapons that allow for the greatest glitch abuse... sorry to say those weapons are (minigun, spaz, stubby, mollie and nades)

While they remain in the game new players will lack specialized glitching knowledge that will put them at a disadvantage greater than in a normal game where they would just lack regular experience.

Wow, for once I agree with everything DeathB said. Well put.

The stubby was "too powerful" for some so they weakend the M60. WTF?

M60 ruled in 0.2, mex spawn wars were common. In 0.3 it was still useful

because of the 1000 round ammo glitch.

Instead of randomizing the robber spawn, how about using the spawn system in

Shoreside Vale? You pick your skin (and thus the spawn location) but you get

to select the powerful weapon you spawn with.

And stop being so stingy with the ammo. It makes gangwars a pain in the ass and

the non shotgun weapons next to useless. Gameplay would be much improved if you diddn't have to worry about running out of ammo.

MORE LEAD

didnt think of shot canceling, good point

as far as the spas to make each of its bullets do 3 dmg i think would be killer... then itd require a 2 weapon combination of a spas and a non shotgun to finish someone off and it would make it a great weapon for those who could think out of the box

and yes i agree if the glitches cant be removed in the current weapons, ge tthem outa here.

and yes nutz definently, give us more lead with the guns so theyre actually useful. stubby gets 25 shots, m60 gets 75, and each bullet now does minimal damage making the gun all but useless

with that im going to eat 8)

Na ur dam right sexyB u c all the skillz these MTA team have got but they aint got the brains to put it all together i thik ur wasting ur time telling them cuz thye havent listened to anyone since they started making this mod they just do what they want at the end of the day.

It's their mod :roll:

and the main "input" i saw was during the beta, which pissed me off as the input i saw being given was from people who dont even play. i dont think it makes a diff revealing i was in the 0.5 beta now as i doubt il get in another one. i pissed off the irc whores by calling them out for not knowing shit when they were trying to make design decisions and that was the last time i was ever called to be in a beta 8)

for short the above things is "lie blablabla lie"

ALL people (except rob, but he's never on anymore anyway) play MTA a LOT, if you don't see them play, then maybe they play on servers that are in their country

quote what is right because he has said a few things...

He wanted it all back but then agreed with me that whatever can't be fixed should be thrown out (mollies, nades, stubby, spaz and minigun)

Please consider what I asked for as a fix in the suggestions section as well

I think they should strengthen weak weapons for balance instead of weakening strong ones.

I think they should up the M60 back to the 2.2 level and damage.

I really want that spawnwar character that would be away from the main VC action and have the best weapons (best in the dirtring)

If every other character spawned randomly or in serveral locations it would be good too..

If it wouldn't be such a pain in the ass for gangwars I would want everyone to spawn randomly

It is annoying to hear you insult the MTA team when they do this for free and take shots at people like KFG says. I guess I fall into the category of one who irc whored/beta tested/suggested ideas, but we were only trying to find an easy fix, not reroute the whole system. I was the one to bring up the idea of changing the characteristics and then some others followed into development. I heard 'its working" or whatever but I never got to actually see it. I did not get to MTAVC DM beta testing, but if I was I would have surely found those glitches that unfortunatly came along with the 'heavy gun' flag (and I sorefully regret not going when I could have).

However that aside... I love your ideas. I hope the team reads this and I'll try and direct the gameplay section of the team to this topic.

p.s. from testing, the rc cars seemed to be causing desynching, I dont think its a great idea to try and insert them into DM. I don't know how well they have even been fixed up for stunt.

I love the idea of machine guns. It would be nice to have those to counter attack stubbys. I FULLY agree and HAVE ALWAYS about multiple stubbies. It was just the ignorance of mrbump saying basically 'Well.. but, but thats what makes VCC SPECIAL!" Thats not a good reason. This should certainly be done. Just hope it doesn't backfire and make that one more reason stubby is even more fun. I think these would be nice locations for robber:

1. Prawn island swank houses

2. Phils

3. Golf course entrance

4. South of east island.

I am sorely annoying by M60. I suppose another point of why it was reduced was because the bad accuracy meant it needed more or something? Well I really hate only 75 bullets, its just not enough without another halfway decent weapon. It also only gets you about 1 kill with all the shots not goin through properly.

On a last note, BALANCE THE MAP USAGE. God I'm sick of the west island. I hardly ever go to east island.

Don't have hurt feelings though, I love MTA .5, but it can still be improved to be much better. I just think of it as a little bit better version of MTA .4 for VC DM.

Has anyone considered the idea that the reason the stubby is so popular is not because its strongest weapon, but because it is fun. stubby fights require reflexes, timing, strategy, and you really need to get in the opponents head and where he's going to move next. Stubby fighting was a different experience in mta.

A lot of good points here, I agree with the idea of making other weapons stronger, not making the strong ones weaker. Taking features away is crippleware.

maybe i shouldnt of taken the shots at the people, who knows. if anything i want the gameplay side of this to be taken away by the mta team (and if that means ignoring everything else i brought up then i wouldnt care at all.) and implemented and hopefully a bunch of people who play regularily put on the beta test roster with a solid week of nothing but beta testing for weapon balance and glitches. then we can see if we can get a mod that every weapon is useful and fun

traditionally the beta tests have been to find issues.. i say lets have a beta test for balancing out the weapons that is an extended one over the course of a week (leave the server open mayb?) and get everything to where its useful and again, fun.

so heres to hoping the devs see this post and take the good away from it and put it into the mod :idea:

I think these would be nice locations for robber:

1. Prawn island swank houses

2. Phils

3. Golf course entrance

4. South of east island.

The random location spawning can be annoying.

What do you think about the idea of having the spawns be similar to GTA3 shoreside vale?

You have the same wepons available at each spawn (select your heavy weapon) and select

a skin that spawns at one location.

Sure there might be one popular spawnpoint (like yakuza in gta3) but the option is there to

spawn somewhere else with the weapons you want. Even if everyone spawns at the same place at least there will be a better mix of weapons at the spawnwar.

Regarding people who don't play (as much) having excessive input into gameplay decisions,

I was playin gwith MrBump once back in 0.3 and killed him *once* with the spaz. He said something to the effect of "I'll have to take that out of 0.4" and guess what.... spaz was

gone from 0.4.

How could that have been the first time anyone had killed him with the spaz, and how could that possibly be a good reason to take it out?

I don't remember any problems with non-cheaters using the spaz. People would frequently try to assault the robber spawn with it and they never lasted longer than 2 seconds (though

the resulting pickups did make robber spawn more interesting for a while afterwords).

The minigun and teargas are probably the only ones that should be excluded from regular deathmatch (though they would be useful and fun in a gangwar mode). Anything else that syncs should be in. If a weapon is too strong, turn up the weak ones to match.

whatever you do don't turn weapon damage down.

Personally however I still prefer leaving weapon.dat in it's original (SP) state. It's not perfect but it's true gta.

lol, i don't think you can claim responsability for getting the spaz removed nutz :wink:

leaving the weapons in its raw state seems to expose too many possible glitches. untill the syncing is perfect, effecting the way the weapons behave looks like the workaround solution the mta team is using

I agree though. leave the weapon behaviour alone in blue, for balancing issues the only changes should be ammo quantity and maybe damage levels. (here's hoping that blue is so well synced that other restrictions won't be neccesary)

Edited by Guest

the teargas causes way to much fps lag on almost any machine... at least the low end ones it will, and that will eliminate half the people im sure that play this game

as far as making weapon "packages" so to speak and giving them the option to spawn with any skin anywhere.. if that could be done i would absolutely love to see that happen, only make a respawn timer or some effect on certain locations to prevent spawnwars :wink:

iv always thought that there should be multiple scms available to us and the server side option to use any we want, with blue this seems to be a reality and personaly i cant wait for blue, because then il have the ability to mod gta to where i see fit and i think itl take off quite well from there :)

until blue tho.. heres another hoping a dev reads and responds and takes action from this post