Future maps for "Blue" from some old blood ;)

Guest [XPG]eeos

Wow, thats a nice castle, too bad it exists only in memory (well and pictures) now. I haven't thought much about it, but I could make some goofy map mod when blue comes out like a fighting arena of some sort.

lol yea maybe someone ought to make a map like 2rooms in CS, which is basicly what the name indicates, there are 2 rooms connect with only one entrance and then its just to be trigger-happy and shoot out all the players :P (the cs map cud only handle 6 plp or u wud be spawning on eachother, which lead to imitate death)

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly didn't expect this kind of a reception, but thanks. A post from Cray, IJs or Kent would be nice, but meh. I'm not going to copy or rip off any maps from other games, but there are some classics I would like to recreate. Some old 007 Goldeneye maps for the N64 and the like. Raglan will be the labor of my love once again, and I have deleted so many projects in the past to the point I know it will be that much better the second time around.

P.S. It's the GTA3 guy because at time of the project VC character models could not be exported (I'm not sure if the tool(s) are available yet).

hey glad to see you are interested.... we've been considering map mods in future releases, and its likely we will try to implement it, however it may make for some large downloads (obviously), as well as some tricky subjects that addon devs may have to deal with ( I don't want to say too much without knowing how we are going to implement the system )

anyways, welcome back, glad to see you can get past any personal issues and develop something for the good of the community... best of luck,

Kent

I doubt that would happen madboy, as they said on thier site:

The current limitations as well as stability issues of the renderware platform, combined with the plethura of gameplay possibilities that Source has to offer, lead us to discontinue work on the MultipliCity project.
And blue makes a lot possible gameplay wise certainly, but it's still renderware.

hmm true, didn't think of the llimitations from the engine =/

however, it wouldn't be totally impossible, because if there is a way somewhere hat makes it available to let the engine have more object, without changing the exe, then it would be very possible to get it reborn...

however, IS there a way to get more stuff ingame other than changing some stuff in the exe?

I don't think that anyone can really claim that RenderWare is unstable, after all its used in an awful lot of games. Comparing it to source is stupid, as the two engines are designed for very different purposes. You couldn't make GTA in source, and you couldn't make a very good FPS in RenderWare. RenderWare's aims to produce an engine that can cope with large areas, on multiple platforms (PC, XBox, Playstation, GameCube), not just PC like Source.

eAi

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think that anyone can really claim that RenderWare is unstable, after all its used in an awful lot of games. Comparing it to source is stupid, as the two engines are designed for very different purposes. You couldn't make GTA in source, and you couldn't make a very good FPS in RenderWare. RenderWare's aims to produce an engine that can cope with large areas, on multiple platforms (PC, XBox, Playstation, GameCube), not just PC like Source.

eAi

On the contrary. You could completely replicate GTA in Source.

Damn guys I cant take it anymore...

OK, so I will spend like a whole mounth non-stop with San-Andreas, But now you give me THIS? How can I stand that pressur?

LOL I have extremly low grades just because GTA.... Days and nights - GTA GTA GTA...

So - anyone here want to know WHERE this casstle will be? cous I want :)

• 1 month later...

Without 'blue' I know that it is possible to make complete maps from scratch. Infact, if I'm not mistaken, one could make a complete total conversion (minus char models?) without blue.

From what I have read about blue it stands to reason the mta team is adding functionality rather than restricting it. I'm just waiting for it to be released so I can get the "SDK".

Without 'blue' I know that it is possible to make complete maps from scratch. Infact, if I'm not mistaken, one could make a complete total conversion (minus char models?) without blue.

From what I have read about blue it stands to reason the mta team is adding functionality rather than restricting it. I'm just waiting for it to be released so I can get the "SDK".

Ditto.

But I think this is just saying that there is a nice map being made ready to be used for multiplayer. Remember that without Blue you can't have multiplayer on a created map.