Questions About the Stubby.

There's 2 ways to break out of a stubby animation after the shot:

1. Sprint out ("fixed" in 0.4).

2. Jump out.

Why was the sprinting method fixed, but you let the Frogger style still exist? If you were trying to stop stubby wars, you didn't. You just encouraged everyone to fight Frogger Style...

:shock:

why didnt they fix the moly glitch?

that glitch and the stubby animation go hand in hand. jumping can break quite a few animations its just a matter of which ones actually show the end result i believe

iv fought frogger style since 0.1, so its no big deal to me

Why was the sprinting method fixed, but you let the Frogger style still exist

Quite simply because they are in totally different leagues to each other, the switch glitch was all but a cheat, making you move impossibly fast (in the other players POV) and warp from point to point. Making the chance of hitting you back very small indeed. You know this as youd been banned from several servers over and over for using that exploit.

The jump glitch just makes you ..jump, and not fall over when hit, and use a little less ammo sometimes, (and loook really silly when some take it too far and hop all over the place even when not shooting lol). No big deal.

Edited by Guest
switch glitch was all but a cheat, making you move impossibly fast (in the other players POV) and warp from point to point. Making the chance of hitting you back very small indeed.
The jump glitch just makes you ..jump, and not fall over when hit, and use a little less ammo sometimes.

How exactly are they in two different leagues? They both have their "exploit" qualities.. Read my excerpts from your post. If you're going to remove 1 exploit, why did you leave the other exploit?

...making you move impossibly fast (in the other players POV) and warp from point to point...

The switch glitch would show people appear where they weren't (lag effect) thus making exploiters harder to hit, nearly impossible, whereas with jumping the person moves at normal speed, not more than double or warping. Though technically a glitch, all jumping really does to skip the animation is make you a moving duck rather than a sitting duck, as while you're in the air you can't fire back.

I don't realy think that u get unlimited ammo when u jump, cos most of the timeu have to remain where u are and hold down fire to make the shot actually register on the other persons screen, and i am disapointed that they added that recoil because i can't use my favourite tactic anymore:P

looks like its back to good old mr bunny tactics again.....

The slower recoil for the stubby was added to prevent you from switching weapons before the reloading animation even finished. This doesn't sound like too much of a problem on your side, but as you know, it makes you warp around on the other player's screen. I begged for this exploit to be fixed because it was getting out of hand in 0.3. I did use it because it was highly effective (although a bit unfair), and jumping was pretty much obsolete since there were so many warpers at the time.

I'm perfectly comfortable with jumping around if that's what I have to do to get moving quickly after shooting. Jumping cancels quite a few animations, and as far as I'm concerned, there's no way to fix that. It's a bug within GTA, unlike the warping around by switching weapons, which is probably a bug within MTA, and can only be fixed by editing the recoil at this time.

I'm just glad that it was fixed one way or another.

The main point of not allowing weapon-switch stubbys is that if you do it, you are going to warp and thats really not fair to other spawns. As for jumping you are seen just like any other spawn that moves around. Its just a matter of balancing.

t's a bug within GTA, unlike the warping around by switching weapons, which is probably a bug within MTA, and can only be fixed by editing the recoil at this time.

No the switching weapons was also a bug in GTA, try it in single player it'll work.

In single player you aren't dealing with other human controlled players and thier view, with the switch exploit the computer knows where you are and which direction you are going in, another players client doesnt.

Quite simply having people dissapear and reappear at random to shoot you was unacceptable, people hopping around is fine for reasons stated above.

Even after fighting Zircon (and his 300+ ping) I never saw a "warp" on anyone... The only "warp" I've seen was one from a total lag drop, and the character runs straight in 1 direction...

:x

I must be special to not see warps. 8)

Switching weapons is not a bug within GTA. There's actually a value within weapon.dat that controls how quickly you can break out of an animation (shooting/reloading) by switching weapons...

There's also a cheat to jump out of that animation, defying the weapon.dat file, and break before the set number. At least the run tactic made you stay in the animation until that point.

as i recall vendetta you said you never jump why again? because it makes you easier to hit.

you said it over and over again and thats why you refused to jump. the fact now that your trying to argue that jumping is cheap is flat out rediculous

as i recall vendetta you said you never jump why again? because it makes you easier to hit.

you said it over and over again and thats why you refused to jump. the fact now that your trying to argue that jumping is cheap is flat out rediculous

I don't jump because it looks cheap, and it's always annoyed me... :|

I suppose if it didn't bother me so much, I would jump, but it's just as much a cheat as any other stubby "glitch". Easier to hit? How so? I've seen people jump through shots that no runner could 'run' through, and at least the runner falls when you hit him.

:shock: