Credit for kills

This guy ran me over with his car in GTA3 and someone else who wasn't even nearby got the credit for the kill. This has happened 2 or 3 times. Also, sometimes I kill people and get no credit at all.

Finally, I've heard people say that the "X killed Y (Uzi)" thing sometimes reports the wrong weapon.

I don't know whether this happens with VC, but I would have thought so.

yeah the kill credits can be a little buggy at times, but mainly w/ vehicles, which the driver is not supposed to get credit for anyways..
Why not? Cars can be used as a weapon and so credit should be given. Takes more skill than pointing the m60 and pulling the trigger for a couple of seconds. Least a pedestrian can jump out the way of a car pretty easily.
yeah the kill credits can be a little buggy at times, but mainly w/ vehicles, which the driver is not supposed to get credit for anyways..
Why not? Cars can be used as a weapon and so credit should be given. Takes more skill than pointing the m60 and pulling the trigger for a couple of seconds. Least a pedestrian can jump out the way of a car pretty easily.

It may perhaps take more skill, but it leaves you pretty much invulnerable. Once the car's "health" is depleted, your opponent has your health to drain on top of that.

This bug is really annoying because I got accused this morning of being a lamer for car killing when it wasn't even me!

Lame kills that don't require much skill. Especially with instant death. The big reason is to stop GTA3:MTA from turning into MTA BUMPER CARS.

Also, heli kills have been uncredited for GTAVC to reduce whoring.

this happens like half the time with car kills when someone is standing next to the car.

but to be, it always somtimes happens with simple gun kills. me and a mate were in the official GTA3 server last night, fighting against to other people. they killed him with an uzi and i got the kill for it!

it said erorr404 killed mate (Uzi) or whatever

I was playing with a friend and we were in the same car. He's a crap driver and managed to drive into the sea. I saw it coming and tried to get out but was too slow and drowned (he drowned inside the car, I drowned outside it), and it accused us killing each other (but we got points for it, so that wasn't bad ;)). I've also managed to score whilst not actually being in game.

I had a similar issue to yours last night, error404, only it was with Vice City.

This is an issue with gta3 that we are aware of, we didnt however feel it was one serious enough to prevent release. Look on the bright side, if theres somebody JUST runnign people over they wont get any credit nor money for it, and some of the victims might, a kind of injury compensation :)