gta3 ps2 online... (theory)

Consoles are outplayed. Beyond Atari 2600 is too far. LOL Besides I have emulators for, PSX, PS2, N64, X-Box, and I was working on game cube but decided to wait for someone else to get it right.

I only am against the X-Box. This is Bill Gates attempt to make the PC obsolite. :oops:

Firstly, since when have ther ebeen emulators for the Xbox and PS2? The only PS2 emulator around is non capable of games...

Secondlt, wtf would bill gates want to make PC obsolete? Thats where all hsi money comes in.... Windows, Office etc are where the main part of his earnings come from....

And the Xbox is far better than PS2 as far as its capabilites are concerned.... One day people will realise this and stop critiscizing it because its related to Microsoft. Any other company would of had more success because of anit-microsoft people....

And like i said, since when have there been emulators for them? Care to post some links for proof..... I have both consoles, but I would much rather play them on my PC with some features forced like i did with bleem!

edit

Dont worry about my sayings on the PS2 emualtors... i think you meant you created your own... is that correct? And how does it perform?

Edited by Guest
As much as i'd be cool to see, I doubt it would happen. Like someone said earlier, when R* made GTA3 for the PS2 they wernt thinking of making it multi. While on the other hand they did plan on making the PC version multi but didn't for one reason or another (which are unknown to me).

If you want to play with the PS2 controller for your own personal reasons, you can. Example, I got this thing for my USB that allows me to plugin my PS2 and PS1 controllers. its great. I use it mostly for playing emulators. As we all know, the PS2 controller is the best controller ever made. Here is the thing I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=3677

Thats the exact item. I got mine off of ebay too, like a year ago. I've loved it ever sense. Cheap and it supports 2 controllers (so u could get one more for 4 player games). Hope this helps.

If u have any questions PM me and i'll get back asap. (PM so it e-mails me)

The PS2 is not the best controller ever made.... My favorite is Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro, that is the best IMO.... and why get one of those adapters, i bought 3x Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power 2's and threw one on each PC here, and its almost identical to the PS2 controller, the setup is exactly the same, but with no start/select buttons, and 2 extra ones underneath.....

PS2 Controller best controller? It is just like the PS1 controller, only more sensitive. The best controller is definately GC controller, still I like mouse and keyboard best.

To get to the topic: Like other people said, would not be possible, especially because u can't even output executable files for ps2.

btw, when I played on ps1 I had pain in my thumbs... :(

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned the C64?

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k > C64, ataris, amstrad, nes and megadrive.

:P

Someone post a link to a working PS2 emulator please, I look every few months but I haven't found a working one yet.

And this is stretching my memory a bit, but I seem to remember from discussion on the old (now sadly defunct) gta3forums.com boards that the code for the PS2 and PC are very similar. I think that people found mentions of multiplayer in the PS2 version even before the PC version was released. So I think online PS2 play is possible, though perhaps not any time soon. :(

i have alot to say.

first: Sinclair ZX Spectrum sux.. it all about the Atari 520ST and or the Atari 800xl 68k

second: Xbox is not really trying to bring down the pc.. as much as it is the console.. in hopes that console gamers will like the Hd and customizability-just like pc games.

third: go consoles.. if it werent for pioneering consoles, pc games would not had been as rapid in development.. meaning that our games today would be something more like 1997 ish. -not GTA3!!

fourth: gta for ps2 is programmed in C, with all graphics done by hand.. no DX support. since PS2 cannot run two apps simultaneously.. (at least not that ive heard of) so i cant have something running in the BG. (like MTA) Gamesark does only one thing: forcfully edits contens of ram.. basically, a GS code consists of:

--The RAM addres to edit

--The value to edit it to

The reason y some GS codes are multi-long:

--an array of data to edit

--or the cheat relies on more that one variable

because of this.. you cant actually "program" with a GS.

fifth: yes tru fans dont emu: i have atari pong & super pong, 2600, 5200, 7800, jaguar, 600\800 xl pc, 520ST, as well as other classic consoles leading up to current.

sixth: not everyone can afford a great pc.. but they CAN afford a console. the newest and best games require a good system to play them and enjoy them.. i have 2.0 ghz 1gb ram and a shitload of other stuff and i still run gta in 640 by 480 with out the motion blur.. however it runs smoothely on my PS2. also: its nicer to relax on ur couch and gather friends around than to sit a a pc. id rather spend 250 bux for gta3 than 1000+ for a good enough pc for gta3. the thing is: alotta ppl have pcs already.. their just not good enough. also: emulators for anything up to n64 has HUGE system requirements. we have barely perfected n64, let alone some of 2days newest consoles. the best use of emuz its to put them on a ppc (i have a ipaq, and i found a site with a zip of every atari rom (like 3 mb heh :) ) .. so now i can play ne game newhere) i also have a genesis emu, snes, nes, neogeo pocket, commodoore, and a crappy GBA emu all for ipaq... best handheld ever.

seventh: recap of what i jus said: consoles are for game players who like to play cheaply on their tvs, with out pc hassel.

eigth: allthough i am pro console: gta3 for pc is much better.. one because of MTA!.. and other modding reasons, however my freinds got it for thie ps2's since their pc's suked..

ninth: the ps2 controller is nice. if you like it then damn put it on ur pc.. i found the same ps2 to usb link at Fry's. however i also found a wingman rumble pad witch i like just as much as the ps2 controller

tenth (last): what part of the "left over" code is actually used.. from appearence there is none used at all. i mean: mta is not the first to teleport players\cars. mta uses winsock for the internet..., the chat system just uses the ingame msg system... i can't think of a single thing that is relient on gta3...

ok, i've said alot, like i tend to do.. so ill cya all and let u digest that.

Hey GTAtari. I had most of the consoles; C64, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PSX, others I am forgetting. My wife made me trash them. :shock: But now that I have emus and roms out the arse, I am glad I lost the consoles. :lol: Example, 60 N64 roms on one disk, 355 C64 roms on one disk, 80 PSX roms on one disk, and lastly I have 28 PS2 roms on one disk. Takes up ALOT less room.

I think "the true fan" doesn't tell other people what it takes to be "the true fan".

I OWNed computers only (C64/Amiga500/486DX50/P-133/P3-500/AMD1700), having made my first console experiences with a neighbour's Atari and a friend's NES (Zelda and Super Mario 1 & 2). And now, through the miracle of emulation, I consider myself a huge SNES-fan too, especially thinking about the Squaresoft(-like) RPGs such as "Chronotrigger". Some fat chips-devouring kiddo rubbing his thumbs on the pad during "Wayne Gretzky Hockey" or "Beavis&Butthead: The Adventure" might actually OWN the console but I bet I can beat him easily in a short "Tetris/Dr.Mario"-match (oh, I almost forgot that I OWN people in Battlefield 1942, too).

And Mister renegade X, maybe You can write me a personalized PS2 emulator? And those 28 roms on one(!) disc sounded fantastic, too...

:mrgreen:

i just meant that if you don't have the real thing, then you haven't really experienced the game like it was meant to be played. yeah, emulation is okay for when you don't have the real deal, but not quite perfect.

my oldie stuff: nes, atari jr., commodore pet, c64, c128, timex sinclair 1000, and to a lesser extent: sega genesis and 32x adapter.

Comparing the ST to the spectrum is hardly fair, they were about 4 years apart, a very long time in computing.

Despite that, the Spectrum remained very popular for many years after the launch of the ST & Amiga, due to it's immense range of games (and some other software) and affordability.

So there :P

ok, i'll agree to that. just classic pc's got me into programming... especially with ST and 800xl.. but i never liked the Spectrum's programing that well. Personally i love classic comps of any type.. so i suppose i was being a bit hypocritical. :wink:

=) The classic CBM vs ATARI war... I always was a big atari fan (2600, 600XL, 130XE, 512STe) But then there was.... AMIGAAAAA! nuff said (I did pick up the 512Ste again later, for Cubase - running sync with octamed on my A1200 -) Oh, was I impressed with my A1200 when it could load cubase files from atari disks and save them to pc disks. Then I kinda dumped both machines and went PC (with a broken heart)