Multiplayer Menu

Hey I was just wondering if it would be bossible to have a in-game multiplayer meny where you could find servers and creat games. It would also mean when you join a server it would have to load up a game than. This should be set out just like "Half-life's" multiplayer menu because it is very easy to understand.

Good Points:

1) No need for the GTA3MTA Console.

2) Dosnt require you to start up GTA3 and load a game.

3) No more pressong ALT +F12.

4) Its easier to explane to new people.

5) No more screwing around getting into a car and out and in ect.

Bad Points:

1) Limited controle on things. ( Possibly a good thing )

So I think when you have got the multiplayer to work efficienly this could be the next goal, or at least a goal.

NOTE: If this has been mentioned or is in progress ignore this post. :D

considering the MTA team don't have the GTA3 source code, the mod console may have to stay.

Don't have a clue about number 2, Hideout warps do the best job in this case, just click the button and your in the city.

The syncing method is changed for 0.3a - the pedestrian method is being used (don't know anything about it)

New people can learn, by reading the FAQ, visiting the forums, or checking out the help bot on IRC.

Remeber that this is only alpha, so its not really meant to be user friendly yet. =)

well if someone instantly gains their health back without being over an icon the die, if they gain weapons without being over an icon, they die, any autoaim scripts will get you kicked (like in CS), and anyone found cheating will hopefully be banned from the servers! =)

So you need a source code to get a multiplayer menu up? That sux!

How bout somthing like a script that automaticaly loads up a game, gets into a car and out (Or what ever you have to do) and it automaticaly presses ALT + F12 ? Ok Ok it does sould a bit stoopid, but thats me... actucaly im more lazy but the same should apply.

I don't know how save game loads are going to work?

The whole city will be accessable (all 3 islands)

hideout warps work for now, but i don't know how the mp would work for people who just bought the game otherwise?

that could be done, but gta3 only has like 8 slots, if one of them has a save in that slot and it gets replaced, your gonna hear about it =)

Sure you can just tell em where to put it, or give em prior warning that this file is going to go bye bye, but hideout warps work for now =)

that could be done, but gta3 only has like 8 slots, if one of them has a save in that slot and it gets replaced, your gonna hear about it =)

Sure you can just tell em where to put it, or give em prior warning that this file is going to go bye bye, but hideout warps work for now =)

Just tell them to make a copy of the save file and replace the original one.

SIMPLE!

If they cant understand that then screw them..

I think it's too difficult for now, well I suppose until version 1.0 to integrate mta in gta3. First off all because we have to search whole new addresses.. that would take alot of time, and what's bad about an external program btw?

i think people don't like alt - tab'ing in and out of gta3 - dont ask me why, at least you can do that without it crashing =)

They probably also want slick integration with gta3. But considering this is in alpha any hope (and i do mean hope) of it ever happening is slim.

The External program would be ok when it has some more features and is more understandable because right now its kinda confusing nad hard to understand if your new. Somthing where it has maby 2 buttons at 1st, "Join Game" and "Create Game"

Creating a game would be simple, just set the options and name of your game you want and press create than its done, also with the options for LAN and Internet (aslo make shure it states your IP).

Joing a game would also be more simple just have the list of servers that you can select and when you slect one it has the game prefrences and amount of people etc. Also a search would be good, where you can search for the game name and/or player names. Also make shure you can add some ones ip.

I also belive there will be a program to find internet game servers, this will add to the easyness.