RAM

=BDC=Kenny

make your pc explode

lmao

if you play some of the newer games, you should be getting horrible stuttering with 256MB. 768MB will improve that significantly.

Umm is San Andreas one of those games? Because when i play SA, it works fine with a GeForce 6600 AGP (I got a new graphics card to replace that GeForce 2 MX :D) and lags just a bit, err, and will it make the comp faster when oyu start it up? Because when i start up my comp, I have to wait like for 30 secs to get to work/play with it properly (probably because of MSN messenger)

Get as much RAM as possible. RAM is the cheapest upgrade you can get, yet it's surprisingly effective. And Rockstar said the more RAM, the better.

My Mac has a nifty feature that shows you what proportion of an application's memory usage is RAM and what proportion is virtual memory (i.e. stored on the hard disk). It's a real eye-opener that has caused me to buy a 1 GB stick of RAM. I'm not certain if Windows' Task Manager has this.

make your pc explode

lmao

if you play some of the newer games, you should be getting horrible stuttering with 256MB. 768MB will improve that significantly.

Umm is San Andreas one of those games? Because when i play SA, it works fine with a GeForce 6600 AGP (I got a new graphics card to replace that GeForce 2 MX :D) and lags just a bit, err, and will it make the comp faster when oyu start it up? Because when i start up my comp, I have to wait like for 30 secs to get to work/play with it properly (probably because of MSN messenger)

im not sure about San Andreas, but definately HL2, Doom 3, and even 768MB may not be enough for BF2.

Get as much RAM as possible. RAM is the cheapest upgrade you can get, yet it's surprisingly effective. And Rockstar said the more RAM, the better.

My Mac has a nifty feature that shows you what proportion of an application's memory usage is RAM and what proportion is virtual memory (i.e. stored on the hard disk). It's a real eye-opener that has caused me to buy a 1 GB stick of RAM. I'm not certain if Windows' Task Manager has this.

i wish it had :/

i wish it had :/

Umm.. there is... Ctrl+Alt+Delete>Processes... but it doesnt show the total out of the ram's mb