Looking for BETA Testers/IRC Scripters

Guest Vipsta

Hey if anyone is interested in working with me to build MTA-AntiCheat I'm looking for BETA testers and IRC scripters.

Just some background on MTA-AC:

* Client-side cheat detection tool

* Connects to MTA-AC complient server

* Requires all users on MTA-AC server to have MTA-AC running

* Similiar to "Cheating-Death" and "Punk-Buster"

I'll give ya some more technical information...

Basically this is a program that all players must run when they connect to a server running MTA-AC. The program scans their computer for keywords in programs running that may trigger hacks, or trainer programs. However, its more advanced stuff has some nice features. For example, if you have an ammo hack on - and MTA-AC doesn't pick up the program - then it will scan the Vice City game itself and search for problems.

Say "Cheater1 has 999/999 pistol bullets"

Cheater1 shoots two bullets

He now has 999/997 pistol bullets.

There are two ways MTA-AC protects...

First, if someone has over 700 pistol bullets, MTA-AC will lower his ammo to below 700 pistol bullets. If MTA-AC lowers down the users pistol bullets 5 times, then their booted. The alternative is if a user has 999/999 Pistol bullets, and MTA-AC detects that he shot some, and his bullets never changed, then he is booted.

Complicated, yes, but very secure.

Say someone is running above the limit of a decent player...

MTA-AC has two options, depending on the way the admin has configured their server.

If they have it on "Safe Mode" then the user will be booted.

However, if they have it on "Ref Mode" the user's speed will be lowered down to half of the normal speed.

MTA-AC also fixes the "Pause" problem, where it adds a delay to the pause screen showing up.

MTA-AC is still being written, but I'll need IRC scripters to help with the server-irc stuff.

if you're interested, e-mail me: [email protected]

or if you have a question, post here.

hmm... looks very promising, :) but how would you lower the amount of ammo someone has? or, lower their speed?

maybe you should ask the mta team for official support, that way you could look into mtas code, and use it for your anticheat program :)

Its actually the same programming as most of the cheats around here, however my program would lower a person's ammo if their cheating

I haven't spoken to the rest of the team on this, so don't take this as "official", but generally...

This idea is fine (imo), bear in mind that with the release of Blue we'll have propper anti-cheat in-place so this will redundant...

Anyway, it looks very similar to my MTA-AC (which never got off the ground as it was a pain to get it reliable enough). I won't pretend I'm not extreemly dubious of this projects practicality (i.e. will it work), but if it does I see no problem with it.

eAi