Shotguns...

its not the cheapest its the most effective, and its not only mta that showed what a good weapon this is, possible 200 damage and being underused would be teh weird.

M4 and nades both work better for me than a stubby ever will again.

That said, the "tonedown" on them will probably be server specific, random spawns for certain weapons maybe?

Also id like to know where you got your stats from..

its not the cheapest its the most effective, and its not only mta that showed what a good weapon this is, possible 200 damage and being underused would be teh weird.

That said, the "tonedown" on them will probably be server specific, random spawns for certain weapons maybe?

It's not like I sat down recording statistics and averaging everything, but the majority of the dots on the radar are most of the time purple, and just look at the list of kills. I almost always see (Stubby Shotgun). And yes, I know that it "should" be that good, but it needs to be more difficult to get that close to someone. Maybe if they get shot they can slow down or maybe they can disable robbers from sprinting.

Also, if there's ever a "buying-weapons mode" that would make it more fair. The weapon would obviously cost a lotta money and then it would make sense to be that good.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, because the game will be more syncronized, maybe it'll be easier to actually HIT someone that's sprinting. Maybe the syncronization will automaticly make all the distance guns a bit better. But currently, I still think the stubby shotgun is the cheapest. Probably because of the spread. With the unsyncronization, all you have to do is shoot towards the player and with that wide of a spread you're bound to hit him. No matter how unsyncronized he is.

The whole stubby is too powerfull arguement is getting tiresome and is as much a load of s*** now as it was when people first started complaining.

If u dont like stubby dont use it, if u dont like people using it against u learn to use tactis against people with the stubby. There are many ways to beat people with a stubby, nades, mollys, m60s are great because you dont have to get any where near them.

The whole stubby is too powerfull arguement is getting tiresome and is as much a load of s*** now as it was when people first started complaining.

If u dont like stubby dont use it, if u dont like people using it against u learn to use tactis against people with the stubby. There are many ways to beat people with a stubby, nades, mollys, m60s are great because you dont have to get any where near them.

Speaking of nades and molotavs, what is up with the guys running around spamming nades and molotavs at you and not taking any damage from their own nades/molotavs when they are [/i]right on top of them?

Speaking of nades and molotavs, what is up with the guys running around spamming nades and molotavs at you and not taking any damage from their own nades/molotavs when they are [/i]right on top of them?

Thats a lame glitch, I'm not telling you how they do, cause it suxs :P

Thats a lame glitch, I'm not telling you how they do, cause it suxs :P

Pretty lame how someone has to resort to using bugs in MTA to kill someone.

That bug is fixed in blue. Shotguns will be in blue in all their glory (somehow, somthing we're working on). Addons will be able to restrict which guns are avaliable, so if you really don't like them or want to limit them, thats possible.

eAi

ROFL your one of those people who complains about everything :P like a grumpy old man :P

i wonder why nobody said this yet...

It's not like I sat down recording statistics and averaging everything, but the majority of the dots on the radar are most of the time purple, and just look at the list of kills. I almost always see (Stubby Shotgun). And yes, I know that it "should" be that good, but it needs to be more difficult to get that close to someone. Maybe if they get shot they can slow down or maybe they can disable robbers from sprinting.

Also, if there's ever a "buying-weapons mode" that would make it more fair. The weapon would obviously cost a lotta money and then it would make sense to be that good.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, because the game will be more syncronized, maybe it'll be easier to actually HIT someone that's sprinting. Maybe the syncronization will automaticly make all the distance guns a bit better. But currently, I still think the stubby shotgun is the cheapest. Probably because of the spread. With the unsyncronization, all you have to do is shoot towards the player and with that wide of a spread you're bound to hit him. No matter how unsyncronized he is.

Purple on radar is a mexican, not a robber, robbers are brown....

i wonder why nobody said this yet...

Purple on radar is a mexican, not a robber, robbers are brown....

Mexicans are pink... robbers are like a really dark purple. It looks that way for me anyhow. It could differ for different monitors.

i have an idea..

maybe everyone, regardless of gang, should spawn with weapons of the same class, that are similar in firepower. the only way to get the more powerful weapons like the stubby, rocket launcher, and that bigass machine gun, would be to find them somewhere on the map and pick them up or to buy them.

i mean lets face, the teams arent even the way it is now. im not for reducing the lethality of the shotguns, but i think that everyone should start out with equal firepower. there are clearly some characters that are more powerful than others in the current version 0.4. it is impossible to balance out the game (ie make all of the characters even) by giving the robber a powerful shotgun, the sailor grenades and auto-health to try to compensate, the mexican a long range machine gun to shoot the robber from far away, etc. some characters will always have an edge over others this way.

so the only solution is to have everyone start equally, and allow everyone to get equal access to the big guns through pickups and/or purchases.

Well thats how it is in gta3mta, starting on an even footing. The career/class system is likely to stay in mtavc for now with the usual small tweaks to try and balance it. The problem with getting the balance right isnt the weapons, if all are used in a fair manner the balance is as good as it can get. It's the glitching, something that lets face it is exploiting and as near to cheating as cheating itself. Something that sadly even the more established long term players feel the need to use purely to 'win' (although a glitch kill, like a trainer user getting a kill, isnt a win, its just a kill)

Once the glitches are gone then the balance will be restored. Its just a shame that like school children eager to find a way to get out of thier homework as soon as a new version is released many kids start trying everything they can to find yet another glitch, yet another cheat, yet another unfair advantage to make them appear better than they are and avoid them having to face people on an even playing ground.

Some measures used to remove glitching, such as enforcing the stubby reload bring cries of horror from players, 'its not the same' 'you broke it' etc, but thats ok. Those same people seem averse to any form of change and if they held sway we would all still be spawning over the road from the malibu ;P

personally i dont *think* know any glitches in VC. i spawn as robber the majority of the time and i kill people by: getting up close to them, shooting them, waiting for them to get up, and shooting them again before they can move. from my understanding, this is how most successful robber kills work.

i think that the stubby has an advantage over other weapons because of the easy "get up close, shoot, wait, and shoot again for the kill" strategy, which is what makes the robber more powerful than other characters. is this considered to be the robber glitch? if so i never knew that :?.

if the player had a chance to get away from the robber after getting shot with the stubby, then i agree, i guess the game would be pretty even.

No, that isnt the glitch. Suffice to say theres a few that make it much easier for the person to get close and avoid countering fire in the first place.

n.b. Don't bother posting instructions or explanations how to glitch people, they will only be removed. It's bad enough YOU know you dont need to teach others how to cheat. Thanks.

well then that is good news, i dont glitch :D

but even with the glitches removed, it still seems to me that the stubby would have an advantage over other weapons when the above mentioned strategy is used. i mean isnt it true that after all, so many people use the stubby because of that strategy, rather than because of the glitches?

Edited by Guest

Well you have to get close up in the first place, and the other guy has to be silly enough to stand still.

What might be interestign is actually limiting the weapons a career is ABLE to use rather than just what they start with. This would mean robbers would never have a long range weapon as they would be unable to pick up the ruger, m4 and m60. Hmm, I'll think some more about that.

Well thats how it is in gta3mta, starting on an even footing. The career/class system is likely to stay in mtavc for now with the usual small tweaks to try and balance it. The problem with getting the balance right isnt the weapons, if all are used in a fair manner the balance is as good as it can get.

Are you ever considering making a mode for buying weapons and starting off with none? Maybe so the server can choose which mode they want; classes or cash.

I was also thinking an attribute/credit system would be pretty cool. A player gets to choose whatever model they want, and then are brought to a screen to choose what guns/skills they want. You start with 30 credits and then each gun will be worth a different amount of credits.

Example:

Weapons:

All meleee weapons (except katana and chainsaw) - 1 credit

Katana - 2

Chainsaw - 3

Colt 45 - 2

Python - 5

Shotgun - 20

Stubby Shotgun - 25

Ruger - 15

M4A1 - 17

Auto Shotgun - 30

Flamethrower - 30

M60 - 25

Grenades - 5

Molotavs - 7

As for the SMG's, I'm not to sure where they would stand on this chart. They would probably vary from around 7-13

Skills:

Body Armor - 5

Health Regeneration - 10

Sprinting - 15