Recoreding GTA3 to AVI

Hi,

Im new around here, but hopefully i'll be staying for a while :).

I was wondering how it is possible to record me playing gta3 to AVI?

I am working on my new site (http://www.head-radio.com) and was thinking of putting sdome gta3 footage on as part of my flash, can anyone help?

If anyone can let me know please would you be so kind as to post it here or mail me?

Cheers people!

Rylese

www.fraps.com

Yes, it's an easy program and makes quality movies. When you press the record key in the game the fps will fall a bit but it's ok in the video. The only problem is the space that it takes (about 600 MB for some minutes) but it's the best I've seen :wink:

wats the best codec 2 compress the movies to? i use DivX5 but i want to know if there a codec that pax more quality in less space (on mine, around 2 mins is 12 megs)

Divx5 and Xvid are pretty much the best codecs available for getting a small file size.

If you haven't done it already, try resizing the video when you recompress it, down to 640x480 or smaller. You should then be able to get good quality with a lower bitrate.

What codec do you use for capture? HuffYUV is probably the best to use.

Hope thats some help.

Vdub is a program that compress video files with the codec you choose? So you just have to record a 200 mb file for 30 secs and after compress it with a codec?

That's right, Virtualdub is a great program that can do a great deal more besides compression.

It's a shame you can't use codecs in fraps, a modern machine is easily capable of recording directly with compression, especially if you use a lower frame rate.