Unhandled Exception on 'Start Game'

Cray

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my only real problem is freezes after character selection. The game freezes at the load screen every now and then.

Ususally it will happen after I try and restart Vice City after a crash.

When it freezes at character-selection, you may have copied all the language.txd files from the TEXT folder to the MTA folder.

You have to use the american.txd-one (in the MTA folder), which is brought wit MTA. It seems to me, that it is a little bit different than the original. It has a kb more!

Greetz

How does a cd become messed up anyways?

i had a game before called screamer, that cd got scratched to hell and back, but crazily it still worked :D

havent' had an original cd stop workign for me, i'll admit i've had copy of some things, and i can't say i know anyone who hasn't, and yes they generally stop working

HAHA, i tel you what, if a cd is scrashed really bad, scratch it some more and you know what, it might just work again, it's wierd but it has worked for me 80% of the time. i just scratch it in the opisite direction and it's usually fine..

:D

have a question:

i need american.gxt diferent in diferent folder or same in two?

for example new american.gxt(incluide in mta 0.02 installer)in the folder mta and old american.gxt in the folder text or same american.gxt in both.

ty and sorry dont understand a lot.

I get random crashes as well. Mine really are random. Sometimes at character select, sometimes when I respawn. I rarely get 5 minutes of play out of it before I get the unhandled acception crud.

I know the MTA program is still a WIP. It's great to see that someone did it. It's the only feature that GTA VC was missing.

Kirk

Hi! I had the same problem but now i can play!

Follow these steps and i hope your game will work fine too!

1. Uninstall MTA! Delete all your MTA Files!

-MTA Folder in the GTA:VC Root

-the *.ddl file

-and the mta file in the data root!

2.Reinstall MTA!

3.Then go into the GTA:VC Main root! open the TEXT folder! copy your language and paste it into the MTA folder in the GTA Folder

4. Start a game WITHOUT MTA! Change the language to english!

Then quit the game!

5. Join a server! Then press on start game and your game will work(I Hope so)

If you have done everything right you will get a new button! click on Start Game then you will see: Start Multi Theft Auto

I Hope i could help you!

IMPORTANT: if your game is crashing ingame try a gamepad! dont use keyboard!" HAVE FUN!

(Sorry for my english! its only school english because i am 14 and german hehe)!!!

I had this problem too, with a no-cd crack (not sure which one I am currently using). I simply followed the instructions as provided on these forums and, after booting me out once for "suspected trainer usage," I have been able to play GTA:VC without any issues. All I did was copy the language files to the MTA directory, and my problem was solved...

I do however sometimes crash at the character select and during respawns, rarely at any other times. I have not yet tried with the original CDs, though I may and see if the issue is related to the no-cd crack or not.

The crashing at random times during gameplay is not the same issue. It is something else that we are aware of, so do not worry about it for now (unfortunately, just live with it).

What I have stated and what Wingwalker has stated should work for 90% of the Player's, so all of those still having the starting crash bug, please re-read what we have posted and do it over again.

You can get it to work if you read things carefully (in most cases).

Hi! I had the same problem but now i can play!

Follow these steps and i hope your game will work fine too!

1. Uninstall MTA! Delete all your MTA Files!

-MTA Folder in the GTA:VC Root

-the *.ddl file

-and the mta file in the data root!quote]

what *.ddl file? where is it usually located?

I had the :!: "Unhandled exception" :!: problem befor. I tried all the "usefull" stuff that people had come up with in this forum, but it stil didn't work.

At first I wanted to ript my head of and sqweez it into the cd-rom to give my computer a pice of my mind (...what a mess that would have been! :twisted: ).

But then i thought "maby ther are some gta vc files stuck on my computer somewhere?!".

I searched all my disks (Most importently the primary and wherever i installed the game). I searcht for any files containing gta, vice city,vc, rockstar etc.

I found some files that had filnames containing it, and some files that had entries inside (..inside DirectX log-files and things alike (hmmm!?)).

So i deleted all of them that were left after uninstalling the game and MTA (...and removed what ever was left in their directorys)

and removed what ever enties iside files i could find.

Then i reinstalled DirectX 9.0, GTA Vice City and MTA: VC 0.2.

I don't know if this could f*ck the comuter or the OS, but i don't care ither...

8) I just want to PLAY! 8)

It worked for my, hopefully it'll work fore you to!! :)

hm, the thing that you uninstall and delete all the files actually works.(friend told me and showed me)

then you just install MTA 2.0 all over again!

heh, no problems for me!!! just the unhandle exception.

By the way, like my Signature?

OMG were to start

I get into the same and as soon as im in about a minute or some thing later it comes up with the error disconnected from server at the top of the screen.

I can only talk 2 people in the client if I try to do It in the game my text dosnt come up. I dont know if any 1 else sees it but I cant.

When im driving around even before It says disconnected from server I still cant see any 1. HELP PLEASE I REALLY WANT TO PLAY

Im on 56k modem

When I get out of the actual game and into the client the error message is - Disconnected: Connection timed out.(Delay = 10 sec

Right after I pick my guy I cant see any thing any ones saying either dose any one else have this prob cause its really annoying?

I can only talk 2 people in the client if I try to do It in the game my text dosnt come up. I dont know if any 1 else sees it but I cant.

check to see that your config.cfg is NOT empty (should be at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\config.cfg).

If it is empty, then open it with notepad, and put in this:

bind t say
bind F9 showchat
bind F10 shownames
bind F11 showplayers
bind F12 screenshot

Im on 56k modem

That may have something to do with your disconnection problems... Try a lot of servers, since your connection may be bad to some servers.

Hum The writings in the config and its still not working

I also found out that as soon as I join a game the writing stops I cant see any thing any one types and they cant see what I type.

Also I get on error message some times saying that my client has performed an illegal opperation or somethin.

Whould being in australia have any thing to do with this problem???

i'm getting an error while playing the game. it usually happens when i'm driving around, and it's random...

here's a screen:

http://rjerina.simphost.com/albums/rob- ... _error.jpg

i have tried reinstalling VC, and MTA. I have copied over language files into MTA directory, I dont know what else to do. I had Windows XP and it was doing it, still doing it now in Windows 2000 Pro. Fully updated on drivers and everything as well.