1.0.4 released - faster and more reliable!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think your continued whining will have any effect, at least not a positive one. If you can't play the game as is, don't play the game. I don't know what you hope to accomplish, but whatever it is, I doubt it'll happen..

Scarface, this thread is chock full of off-topic discussion anyway, apart from that, I'd be happy to drop this particular discussion and take up something comparatively useful like digging for gold in my garden or banging my head against the wall.

All I can point out is that someone who spends all of their time whinging, crying, trolling and flaming and never has contributed one bit to the community is someone who probably shouldn't be here.

This is, of course, only general speculation.

coolface.jpg

(Problem, Strika?)

I just d'ont very understand the optimazed colshape, what is that ? maybe sync.

Colshapes are a method for scripters to determine if a player or vehicle is within a certain area. This is mainly used in stuff like markers (like the Race checkpoints) to determine whether a player is inside the marker or not.

The problem in 1.0.3 (and before, I guess) was that markers attached to other objects were slowing down the game significantly. Several markers could drop FPS to unplayable levels. In 1.0.4, colshapes have been optimized a lot, meaning they don't lag (nearly as much) anymore.

Is it just me, or map editor got worse since 1.0.4? Some object textures are not showing up properly anymore (especially tries and plants) and progress from test mode is saved (so if you for example die and exit test mode you will spawn dead next time you enter test mode -> very annoying).

Otherwise, good work on new update!

You need to select a folder to install MTA in, then you need to select a folder where your gta_sa.exe is located, (usually C:/program files/rockstar games/gta san andreas/), if it doesn't let you proceed then it cannot find gta_sa.exe meaning it isn't the right folder. It could be that you're out of space too, but I highly doubt that. Are you running the installer as a user? Try running it as administrator.