[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

Hi i'm razor and i want to download this tool but it won't it set "404- Not found.So plz send me another link or send me the installation on skype.

My skype pseudonyme:chris.west59

TY

Thanks for letting me know! I'll speak to the provider what is going on with the site.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
   at Script_Editor.fMTAServerConf.fMTAServerConf_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) 
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) 

Maybe allow a scrollbar for that report window?

Also the dmp file, if u want.. http://noddy.mtasa.pl/up/mtase/MTASE-0. ... 933295.dmp

EDIT: I get the error whenever I press Tools > MTA SERVER CONFIG

Then I get the config window, and the error window ( http://noddy.mtasa.pl/up/mtase/mta-se-error1.png )

Edited by Guest
Here is a mediafire link re-uploaded by me : http://www.mediafire.com/?40jwaatu44a2469

@50p : there is problem in adding files into folders .. i have to create new folder/file and then add it to meta :|

In what way?

drfqc8.png

I mean i have a folder inside my resource , like the one in the image "Main" if i want to add a new file in the folder so it will be "resource/Main/newfile.lua" , but i cant with script editor the file will be created in "resource/newfile.lua" , so i have to add it from meta and that's a waste of time xD:D

@Al3grab,

Thanks for reply. Ok, I've checked that and you're right. I will make a note and hopefully get it done in the next release.

@Noddy,

When you get the crash window, please click the "Send Report". It's not like one of those Microsoft windows crash report and the report is actually sent to me. Thanks.

@John_Michael,

I've already spoken to MTA devs about it some time ago. It will become "Official" script editor once the source code will be released but until then it'll be "Unofficial". Unfortunately, there are so many things that need to be removed and get sorted before this happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good Script But I Can't Save

I Click Save But Nothing Happen's

Probably because when you created file you didn't want to add it to any resource. Simply, select one of the resources from the drop down list that you want to work on and add the file again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news on this? Thought I'd take a look at MTA scripting again, since I started playing GTA:SA out of boredom the other day... :mrgreen:

I know a bit of C#, so I'd be happy to help, particularly since this program seems a bit useless at the moment. I mean, no offense, but it did crash 10 seconds into trying to create a basic resource...

I don't have anything better to do at the moment, anyway. :3

Any news on this? Thought I'd take a look at MTA scripting again, since I started playing GTA:SA out of boredom the other day... :mrgreen:

I know a bit of C#, so I'd be happy to help, particularly since this program seems a bit useless at the moment. I mean, no offense, but it did crash 10 seconds into trying to create a basic resource...

I don't have anything better to do at the moment, anyway. :3

Well, I don't know of any crashes since I've had it opened for 2 days and hasn't crashed once. I know it has crashed for others but if you have serious problems like not being able to use it then I'll need more information on how to reproduce the crash. It's harder without dump files. I started scripting again recently and the longer I use it the more ideas I get.

No updates anytime soon. Looking for a new job, just moved house, etc. (mostly real life stuff)

ahh irrKlang. Brings back memories of making a game with irrlicht. Nice job so far

I typed a couple letters to the name of the resource.. and it crashed lol..

Cannot wait for the official to come out, will definitely move to it. I like how organized it looks (in the images) and am very interested to move my current project to it.

ahh irrKlang. Brings back memories of making a game with irrlicht. Nice job so far

I typed a couple letters to the name of the resource.. and it crashed lol..

Cannot wait for the official to come out, will definitely move to it. I like how organized it looks (in the images) and am very interested to move my current project to it.

Well, irrKlang was used because that was the same library used by MTA so I wanted to make sure the MTA will be able to play your files.

Are you saying it crashed after typing some letters in resource name text box in the New resource window? It might be privileges, try running MTASE as administrator if you're on Vista or Win7.

I'll look into it when I get a chance. It works fine for me even with the same resource name that you showed on the screen.

Do you get this error after typing in the name or when you press some button? Also, have you sent the report?

I know this a far-fetched idea, but perhaps when this becomes official, it can be integrated into the MTA server and MTA installer itself (when you install MTA, there is a checkbox to install the script editor)

Integration into MTA Server:

Can restart the currently edited resource using a keybind (for local server)

Can do the same for remote server, but ip, port and admin account details needed.

Live syntax checker

lol crazier idea: breakpoints (mta server code is needed to be edited for that)