Proberbly suggested before, but can you make like 'mini maps' they will be easy to do, just sink the original city and add a large arena type building made with 3dsmax or Zmod etc. and then replace spawn points.

i feel it would be a good thing to add in the full version because, people will be bored of the same version...

maybe they/we should contact them/us
lol, that's great. Anyways, I know a littlebit about mapping, but nothing about modeling. If you guys need a mapper, I'd be willing to help out. Though, I do not encourage the use of map mods for compatibility reasons.

In Red Alert 2 you've also got custom maps, if you join a game with a custom map you don't have it will be transfered from the host to you, maybe you can do that in MTA also?

And about mapping, I liked to change the standard GTA1 map, I made cars drive in the harbor in the southwest of liberty city. :D Anyways, I s*ck at graphics so I can't design new houses and stuff myself, but I would like to help out at maps if needed. I just don't know how to, and I wonder if my PIII 1000 MHz is good enough for the 3d stuff.

This *might* be an option, I know of other games that share custom maps (StarCraft) and the .IPL and .IDE files are small enough to synchronize, the problem is that it isn't just those files that you need to download, the gta3.dat file also needs to be adjusted to use the map files. And all that is without new models like the ones used in ultimate stuntpark. To have new models too, you'd have to change all of the above, and add the models to the gta3.img file. A 3d model is about 10kb, and to make a complete new map you'd need thousands of those. All in all, custumized maps for gta3 internet multiplay probably isn't going to happen. Ofcourse if you have any maps or mods installled, and copy that exact version to other computers over LAN, there would be no problems. except for copyright problems =P

Edited by Guest

some maps could possibly be submitted for mta (don't start submitting all your maps, its an idea =), it would be easier if the maps were already in the mod or on the HD, rather than someone having to get it p2p or something.

hey guys!

I'm new to gta3 modding but I got some years of experience in Half-Life mapping. I'd like to start mapping for gta3 and I'm gonna try within the next days I think. If it's not too complicated and if you need a mapper....well, let's see