[Blog] Car mods (by JonChappell)

jhxp

• MTA Team

The team have been hard at work fixing bugs lately and there isn't any interesting information to give you, so I thought I'd reveal a feature that was implemented a while ago.

MTA:SA Deathmatch now supports the in-game car mods such as exhausts, spoilers, nitrous, hydraulics, etc. (third party mods are still unsupported). You can set these attributes upon spawning the car or allow players to upgrade their vehicles mid-game. With license plate customisation and the ability to change the colour as well, players can really make vehicles their own, which offers interesting possibilities for RPG.

carmods_thumb.jpg

Picture by BrophY

We'll keep you updated as the mod progresses.

Note: The team are looking for another developer to speed things along. If you're a competent C++ programmer with a keen interest in GTA and some time to spare, contact eAi at eAi [at] opencoding [dot] net.

Edited by Guest
So 3rd party mods like other vehicle skins will not be possible ?

duh ...

thats about as much sensible as

omg i cant play your music on your harddrive with my winamp

Sure you can, I listen to music on my dedicated server's harddrive with my Winamp all the time.

hmok .. even if its done with the sdk imho it can only be done within a gamemode of the sdk orsome i really doubt it will ever be possible with the sdk to 'download and install on the fly while running the game' 'a' 3rd party mod of someone else -aka .. someone saying "look at the veyron i just installed" ... ah maybe i worry to much ... omg what will happen when 3 ppl mod same vehicle with different 3rd party mods

;)

and yes jani .. if you share it like that you can .. nvm it was bad example :)

hmok .. even if its done with the sdk imho it can only be done within a gamemode of the sdk orsome i really doubt it will ever be possible with the sdk to 'download and install on the fly while running the game' 'a' 3rd party mod of someone else -aka .. someone saying "look at the veyron i just installed" ... ah maybe i worry to much ... omg what will happen when 3 ppl mod same vehicle with different 3rd party mods

If this is added at some point, the modified files would be on the server, which would make sure each client has the same.

It is very possible to do it on-the-fly aswell, switching car textures/handling mid-game, but we'll see if/when we come to it :D