An unfair law ...

Jayster

Every law is unfair to certain people. Anti-murder laws are unfair for murderers (in their eyes). I do think jail is a bit extreme though. The Greek government are being stupid in my opinion though, as it would boost the economy. Apparently the gaming industry makes more than Hollywood (Hollywood makes very little these days). They could make a lot of money by regulating it and taxing gaming products. Why do you think governments aren't in a hurry to ban smoking? It's the Greek government's loss.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every law is unfair to certain people. Anti-murder laws are unfair for murderers (in their eyes). I do think jail is a bit extreme though. The Greek government are being stupid in my opinion though, as it would boost the economy. Apparently the gaming industry makes more than Hollywood (Hollywood makes very little these days). They could make a lot of money by regulating it and taxing gaming products. Why do you think governments aren't in a hurry to ban smoking? It's the Greek government's loss.

you right in my opinion...

Probably the same reason why Jack Thompson is trying to shut down Rockstar.

Please elaborate.

Jack Thompson is a "lawyer" who believes that games have a damaging influence on young people. He calls them "murder simulators". He's so against them that he's prepared to make money off it by suing Rockstar and trying to shut down their "murder factory". As his prosecution argument, he uses cases where people have confessed to playing GTA before murdering people. I believe he was the first to draw people's attention to the Hot Coffee mod for SA.

Probably the same reason why Jack Thompson is trying to shut down Rockstar.

Please elaborate.

Jack Thompson is a "lawyer" who believes that games have a damaging influence on young people. He calls them "murder simulators". He's so against them that he's prepared to make money off it by suing Rockstar and trying to shut down their "murder factory". As his prosecution argument, he uses cases where people have confessed to playing GTA before murdering people. I believe he was the first to draw people's attention to the Hot Coffee mod for SA.

What I want to know is why he wants to shut it down. People have rights of what they are going to do in their future life. If they want to murder, let them. Its not the game that is influencing them to start killing. Its their plans for the future. Its not Rockstars fault. I even bet that this Jack Thompson guy plays Grand Theft Auto. :P

If they want to murder, let them.

That is probably the stupidest arguement against what Jack Thompson is doing. Murdering is against the law and yet if people want to do it the can? :roll:

What I meant is that people can Murder ( I know its against the law. ) - But its their choice if they want to end up in jail or get killed. Maybe that just slipped out wrong. :roll::P

This arguement of "they did this before they did that" is so tired, old and full of holes.

I bet they all drove before they killed someone, so maybe it was driving that "drove" them to kill.

They all drank something too, maybe that "whet" their appetite for murder.

See, you can some up with just as stupid an argument with a catchy word link very quickly. I did it, and I'm an idiot.

I think the problem is the underage kids playing the "murder games". Jack Thompson should have made a program to stop underage children playing these "murder games", instead of banning games. Jack Thompson is a fearful person thinking video games are "murder games". I think in the next few years (in Greece) there will be more murders from kids due to lack of entertainment.

Edited by Guest
I think the problem is the underaged kids playing the "murder games". Jack Thompson should have made a program to stop underage children playing these "murder games", insted of banning games. Jack Thompson is a fearful person thinking video games are "murder games". I think in the next few years (in Greece) there will be more murders from kids due to lack of video games.

Nice kids... :roll: