Stay classy, SVN

As mentioned in the previous newspost, we've been looking for ways improve the ease of contribution to the open-source repository. After some experimentation, we concluded that SVN was the best way to go for the project. We've successfully migrated to a new Google Code repository, which can now be found at http://mtasa-blue.googlecode.com. As you can see, some changes have been made already over the last few weeks.

Alongside the new SVN, some new Coding guidelines have been introduced. It should be as easier than ever to get involved, with very small barriers to entry in order to gain commit access. Simply submit a few patches, and we'll grant commit access. There's already plenty of fresh blood added to the access list.

We're still working towards improving the forums and the community website, so stay tuned.

In other news, as our Twitter and Facebook users will be aware, MTASA was named an Unmissible Mod, be sure to checkout the whole article! We've also been mentioned on the German website PC Games as one of the Top Ten most influential mods!

The fact the mod has been voted as one of the top ten influential is very interesting. I suppose it was chosen from the sheer fact how far the mod has come over the past 7 years and still going strong. I wouldn’t expect many to bet on having the resources we have today back in the early days of existence.

• MTA Team
The fact the mod has been voted as one of the top ten influential is very interesting. I suppose it was chosen from the sheer fact how far the mod has come over the past 7 years and still going strong. I wouldn’t expect many to bet on having the resources we have today back in the early days of existence.

No, back then i was hoping to get my invested money back at some point :mrgreen:

I see, so SVN is something which is used for the "blue" core?

I never wanna look at Git because the changes are messed up! It's looking better in the old google code.

Also, it's good to see some achievements on the MTA SA, 7 years of development. Wow...

@Blokker_1999: btw, are you one of them who developed since 2003 and gave the rules? I thought you were inactive these days! :D

• 2 weeks later...