This shallow game could be more......

gamebro

Hello, perhaps a few of you have seen me in game, I don't play to often, and I rarely fight. :oops: I am here to talk about MTA VC.

I love MTA, and thank the devs for this awesome achievement. Having said this, I feel there is much room for improvement. Now my ideas are not solid gold, nor do I think of myself as a genieus (spelling?) so please bare with me here.

FIRE DELAY......

This is the main reason I do NOT like to fight very often in MTA. I have a fast 1mb\sec dsl, and still trying to shoot anyone is a experience I don't care to practice all day long. Why is there so much delay? I know GTA and GTA VC were not meant to be online, but the delay is terrible. It is so bad that everyone just ends up jumping around each other with stubbys, and shooting like maniacs.

This does not take skill, but rather luck. Anyone can take a stubby and jump all day like a retarded monkey, then glitch the game to thier advantage. IS this how we really want to play MTA? Very VERY shallow experience if you ask me, and saddly, most players play this way. BORING!!! :roll:

I love the stubby in single player, and I think it belongs here in MTA. The whole problem is the fire delay. It has to be more reasonable so that stubby won't dominate in a long distance situation. In real life, you are not going to get very close to a guy who is spraying m60 fire all over, now are you? In MTA it is always the same formula--

Spawn as robber

Run up to other players

Pull out stubby

shoot

jump

shoot

jump

shoot

eventually you or the other player dies, and the cycle repeats... All day long.......

wow great huh? Here we have an entire city to play with, and this is how we spend our time?

I would love fighting if the fire delay was reasonable, and the game did not crash so frequently from respawning.

VEHICLES AND DIFFERENT MODES-----

This part of the game seems to work really well! I can't think of a more fun online driving experience period.... So why is this not exploited more?

Me and many other players loved having demolition derbys in the hyman stadium (bloodring pit) in MTA 3.0...... Now in 4.1, there are only 2 car spawns in there, and the stunt mode has NO cars in there! (have to go outside everytime you need a new one)

We NEVER played DD in stunt mode, because you devs, put all the dang cars spawns OUTSIDE!! :roll:

Put cars in the pits! It is not a complex idea is it? Yeah, about 8 of them ok? 4 on each side perhaps? maybe even a packer or 2 around the arena for extra fun? huh?

I can't tell you how many countless hours of fun I've had in that arena on a DM server in the old days of 3.0.

The stunt servers are rarely populated, and are not very,,,,, stunty if you ask me...

Lets have some loops, major ramps, something! The stunt mode now just seems like, half assed mode.... A giant stunt park would be great IMO. But adding a few ramps here and there, then calling it a stunt mode, seems like a lame effort. No wonder few play it.

Some more inspiring race tracks would be great too. Imagine a large dirt track for motocrossing action.... Or a large outdoor nascar arena.. Sure there are ones there now, but they are kinda lame. You could even give us a silly PACE car for the nascar races. I'd gladdy drive. :D Or if there is a terrible accident, someone could drive a fire truck and putout a dangerous fire? ok I am dreaming now. :lol:

There are just so many possibilties here, yet the focus seems to be on stubby combat.. WE have an entire city people! Lets do something with it!

also, I think the whole cops vs robbers theme could be greatly enhanced by npc (bot) controlled officers that a commander can issue orders to.. We need Law and Order in this town already, seriously. :lol: Ok, so maybe bandwidth restrictions won't allow such dreams, but what about making a real cop vs robber mode, in which cops have the more powerfull gear, and robbers have more fun robbing banks and such..? Like it would be a match setup, 2 teams, robbers start in a random hideout, and cops spread throughout all stations... Robbers can't see police on radar, nor can police see robbers..... ROBBERS HAVE THIER HIDEOUT LOCATIONS ON RADAR, and flash when loot is being attempted to hide at one.

Robbers rob bussineses or raid police stations, and a flashing symbol appears on cops radar. The cops then rush to the crime sceen, and attempt to bust the robbers.. Robbing a small pizza shop (easy) an in and out affair, but small reward....

Robbing bank, dangerous, risky, (have to blow safe, and break past other things so it is more time consuming) but yeilds great rewards!

After commiting their crime, they then have to escape to their hideouts, where the loot will have to be safely stashed for 5 minutes to score.... COPS will NOT know where this is unless they follow, and the gangsters will have to try n loose the police while in high speed chase.

If a gangster is shot and killed, he is BUSTED! He can not move untill a fellow gangster breaks him from his cuffs... Once busted he lays on ground imobile, and the police force can place him in the back of a cop car or swat truck... (swat truck harder to escape maybe?)

Apon arriving at the police station (with interior) the police players then drag the sorry crims a$$ into a jail cell and locks the fking doors baby! :lol: He then sits with other busted inmates hoping his team can bust him out. Which is very risky, but can be done.

If police force wins (all criminals busted and in jail) the policeman with most arrests gets a bonus weapon and sqaud car? for the next round.

Vice versa-- the criminal with the most stolen loot, gets a special weapon for the next match. This would be the incentive to play hard!

(a new match would start when ciminals side scores enough loot or all criminals are apprehended, and then the cycle repeats! FUN!

IF a cop is killed, he is not held captive by criminals, rather respawns after about a 30 second delay or so... Cops would be genuinely tougher, and criminals would HAVE to play sneaky.

Because you can't see the rival team members on radar, you have no idea if a robber is hiding behind a counter with a stubby loaded hehehe...

Imagine being a robber, holding a stubby to a nervous cashier demanding money! You could

A- comit a robbery

B- A mugging

C- A murder

D- all of the above

Obviously with what I listed here, there would be certain imbalances to work out, and other issues. BUT THAT IS WHAT I CALL A REAL COPs VS ROBBERs mode!! :D

Again, I feel that MTA is a shallow experience, from what I would expect after playing the single player mode. And all the future work seems to be focused on more of the same.

sorry for the long post tho, my first one. :P

The reason for stubby domination is that they haven't really had a great deal of time to balance the game because they've been trying to overcome technical barriers. You'll notice that MTA:VC has changed significantly in the technical department over the course of its existence whilst gameplay has had only minor changes.

In 0.4.x they mainly concentrated on GTA3, as that was in need of an overhaul. Stunt mode wasn't even going to be included, but they got it working at the last minute. This is why there were no major changes to it. MrBump has posted a topic somewhere in the forum asking people where they would like ramps to be placed, implying that they will be focusing some of their 0.4.2 development time on stunt mode.

Regarding the fire truck, that's probably possible with Blue.

They're planning to include several new game modes with the release of Blue. They may make a Cops and Robbers mode but if not, it's easy enough to create your own (or wait for someone else to). I doubt they will do this for 0.4. NPC cops are highly unlikely too.

dude.... wait for blue and then you can make your own game

I think blue will be a dream come true indeed, but we have a problem here.....

It is a long ways off. Am I wrong? Status says 60 percent... Are they going to launch it sooner? Considering how long it has taken them to reach 60 percent, I think it is reasonable to say it is nearly 1 year away if they are not launching untill 100%.

By then we will have STALKER, shadow of chernyoble and possibly SAN ANDREAS for pc with a MULTIPLAYER MODE. :shock:

These are 2 games that will make me forget all about VC in a heartbeat once launched. I need my blue before these games,,, not after.

This game market is constantly taking strives forward, and GTA VC is getting older. To take another year on BLUE is unreasonable as I don't see many gamers still hanging around by then.

I am not saying the MTA team is lazy, they are legends in the mod community, and I appreciate what they have done. I am just saying we need blue, and we need it sooner then another year. (AND NOT BECAUSE I WANT IT, BUT BECAUSE THE FANBASE WILL SHRINK DRASTICALLY WITH NEWER BETTER GAMES) :wink:

San Andreas does not have a multiplayer mode. It has a basic multiplayer mini-game. It has no netcode - everything takes place on the same screen.

Also, the 60% figure represents how much they've done and is not meant to be used as a time predicition tool. The first 70% could be large features that take a long time, and the other 30% could be lots of small features that won't take very long.

jesus christ, nice long post.

this guy must be pissed @ the stubby....lol

anyways..

the reality is, most people in MTA are in clans.

or desperatly hate people in clans.

so, people practice against other people to "pwn" them.

so, gay ass people pratice all day jumping like gay rabbits trying to own people.

i agree, VC is a giant environment, however, my suggestion to you Mr. Man, spawn as a nice sailor. :)

The thing I'm wondering about is how the MP mini games are gonna be handeled then? The PC version is doubtfully getting multiplayer, but if the same feature is going to be on both PC and PS 2, certainly you can't have 2 player playing on one pc? :shock:

Serious Sam had that. It was rubbish because the BIOS only lets you hold down about 3 keys at a time, so it was virtually impossible to play on the same keyboard. However, you could have the second player on a joystick / gamepad.

San Andreas does not have a multiplayer mode. .

you wouldnt know son. Rockstar might release a miltiplayer of it ive seen.

It's doubtful. They're not allowed to make significant changes to the game due to their contract with Sony.

laugh owned gg no re.

anyways, that aside, why call somone "son" when you cant spell multiplayer, and if you dont know the facts, GTA cannot relese a working MP unless PS2 has that same working MP, no special additions or anything.

but, then, PS2 cant really in acuality support a good MP because PS2 is bound to 56k...

but, then, PS2 cant really in acuality support a good MP because PS2 is bound to 56k...

I was under the impression that you needed BB to connect your PS 2, nothing else would support the games cause there is need for a faster connection than 56 k for all the newest online PS 2 games.

ah well, put a modem in your console and dial-up :P

to that one guy, no I am not pissed at stubby players, I just view it as a boring, repetitive way to play MTA :lol:

Ok, so they release GTA san for pc with no multiplayer..... BUT!!! What if modders get to make MULTIPLAYER MODS for it like GTA 3 and VC has????

Even if there is no multiplayer for the pc version of san andreas, you have to take into consideration that there will be other amazing games comming out in the next year. I am just pointing out that time is precious here. :wink: I wana enjoy BLUE while it is still REVOLUTIONARY, and not REDUNANT! (meaning inferior to another awesome game)

to that one guy, no I am not pissed at stubby players, I just view it as a boring, repetitive way to play MTA :lol:

Ok, so they release GTA san for pc with no multiplayer..... BUT!!! What if modders get to make MULTIPLAYER MODS for it like GTA 3 and VC has????

Even if there is no multiplayer for the pc version of san andreas, you have to take into consideration that there will be other amazing games comming out in the next year. I am just pointing out that time is precious here. :wink: I wana enjoy BLUE while it is still REVOLUTIONARY, and not REDUNANT! (meaning inferior to another awesome game)

Hrm... So let me see here... GTA III is quite an ancient game in PC terms.. Yet here we are in MTA, playing it...

Vice City, not quite so ancient, but still with MTA people are going out to BUY the game so they can play Multiplayer.. There's litterally HUNDREDS of people playing MTA right now, this very second.. And yet there's been plenty of new games released and yet people are still here... Playing Vice City with MTA...

Most of these people (Myself included) haven't TOUCHED VC OR GTAIII in Single Player since having found MTA... Regardless of how good or not good Blue turns out (I won't pass a judgement till I play the thing) I'm willing to bet people are still going to go out and buy VC to play Multiplayer, and that people will still play this MTA after the glow has waned from San Andreas and even will continue to play MTA after you have deemed it "redundant"

MTA is a great creation, and it's improving all the time. You seem to dismiss it, regardless of your praises of it.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned MTA:SA yet.

the game engine for SA seems very similar to vice city.

there have been a flew graphics improvements (cars shine better)

and vehicle improvements (trains)

infact, the same cheat codes for vice city work in san andreas, which makes me wonder if:

1) R* was too lazy to change them

2) R* made them the same on purpose so players wouldnt have to relearn

3) the very same game egine?

Chances are good that MTA will be able to work on SA should they so choose to, and maybe even Blue or a modified version of it would run on SA, as their engines are so closely related.

so even if Vice City is dated by the time blue \ gta:sa come out, there still is an mta:sa possibility and, there is only one place you can go for grand theft auto online... until a commercial company makes a game like that I doubt there will be that big of a fanloss.

whoa, I am not dissmissing anything! There has not been ANYTHING better then MTA released yet for pc (better for city chaos online). :wink:

I am saying that by the time blue is out, we probably will have games simular to this, yet are far better.

I am saying----

IF san andreas came out for pc, and a mod group like this made a awesome multiplayer mod for it, would you care to play the old VC or GTA 3???

I am sure many fans would switch over to the newer game. Thus rendering all the time and effort on blue as, waste... Wasted time on something nobody will play. Not that it sucks, just that there is something far better.

Catch my drift?

And no, I don't play GTA3 online.. Only VC. (yes I agree, more fun the single player) 8)

why do you guys bother posting info about how the stubby owns every other gun.

its more then bloody obvious everyday on servers that the stubby is more overpowered then any other gun, but we have yet to see this corrected.

and on top of that its the players who make sure it stays that way. everytime someone finds something that can kill the stubby (getting on a roof with a m60, using a heli, using molotovs, cars) those methods are quickly called lame and boom, presto soon enuf your kicked/banned if you do them.

this game used to be a creative means of killing people, now if you do anything outside of using a stubby and run around your lame

and i wonder why most people dont play anymore, yawn

You see! And once this is out for pc, who would go back to VC or gta3? If blue's coding can be used for san andreas then it would not be wasted time tho I suppose.... :)

You have to remember that the release for the San Andreas PC version is almost in a year, there's much time to work with Blue :)

And since the MTA team has that many members, they could set some of them to research on the MTA:SA possibilites when it was out for the pc. Whilst others completed Blue, I'm sure it ain't going to take that long though.

Lets see who's first to get the title, "First online multiplayer mod for GTA:San Andreas.' ;)