XP SP2 Compatibility

Hey I was just about to get XP SP2 (Service Pack 2) then noticed it said that programmers would have to recode in order to programs with with SP2 (some programs).

My buddy in my clan was telling me of the problems he was having with MTA and he just recently got SP2, is MTA fully compatible? Supposedly windows has/had something up about this for quite awhile. So i'm wondering before I let it finish... is MTA 100% fully compatible?

-----

On a side note I just read about demands and stuff... Hey I understand you guys are busy and if you can't test this right away that's cool but just so you know the smaller version (for single computers) of SP2 is scheduled to come out Tuesday I think... and many people will be getting this via Automatic Update. (I run a site all about this garbage so don't question lol). But I just wanted to be sure MTA is 100% compatible, and i'd appreciate to have an MTA staff member tell me (no offense but i need official word).

Thanks guys!

It works fine with SP2. The only issue I got with mta after SP2 installed was that in the client there are no more colors :P (colors are still ingame for the chat) So like if I see the admin change the time (from outgame in the client) it just shows up black, where before SP2 it showed it orange. I dunno if this only happened to me though xD

It's working over here.

But with SP2 I had the first BSOD while playing MTA. I entered a car, and boom, blue screen and a reboot. Can't really say whether it is caused by MTA, SP2 of something else. It was quite annoying

No, it's not beta. The final release is complete, but they're staggering it across IP ranges so as not to overload their servers.

I have had no major problems using SP2 on either of my computers, although one of them has the colours missing on the client like Posty said, although strangely the other one is fine.

One thing I'd like to know is if people are having problems with MTA, SP2 and Athlon 64's due to the NX (no execute) support that the A64's have.

No, it's not beta. The final release is complete, but they're staggering it across IP ranges so as not to overload their servers.

I have had no major problems using SP2 on either of my computers, although one of them has the colours missing on the client like Posty said, although strangely the other one is fine.

One thing I'd like to know is if people are having problems with MTA, SP2 and Athlon 64's due to the NX (no execute) support that the A64's have.

they meant MTA is still beta...

HA i've had that damn error ever since I got this new computer and it's only SP1, Microsoft is just f***ing everything up. Windows 98SE is the most stable outta any of them that are still good (as in no security crap and warnings blockings and crap software taht comes with microsoft products like the original XP firewall). Meh i'm getting sick of them it's always a damn error here or a problem there, it's time for Linux lol.

Oh and if you thinkg a few security warnnings are bad, check THIS out:

http://www.againsttcpa.com/what-is-tcpa.html

Try to see how they're tryin' to control you. It's really getting outta hand....................... oh ya.... so ya it's compatible? lol.

HA i've had that damn error ever since I got this new computer and it's only SP1, Microsoft is just f***ing everything up. Windows 98SE is the most stable outta any of them that are still good (as in no security crap and warnings blockings and crap software taht comes with microsoft products like the original XP firewall). Meh i'm getting sick of them it's always a damn error here or a problem there, it's time for Linux lol.

Oh and if you thinkg a few security warnnings are bad, check THIS out:

http://www.againsttcpa.com/what-is-tcpa.html

Try to see how they're tryin' to control you. It's really getting outta hand....................... oh ya.... so ya it's compatible? lol.

You, sir. Are on crack. Windows XP is way better than the "BSOD" shit on Win98SE. If you think that is the most stable system. Then you are smoking something. I have NO problems with XP. I have SP2. And if you are having problems with your computer, you probably did it. Microsoft is here to help, and if you have a fucking problem, you can probably do something about it, or microsoft probably even has it on their website, all you have to do... Is look.. If you weren't so lazy.

Windows 98 is good, but unfortunately not compatible with MTA, maybe in the future. Linux is even better than all Windows versions, but isnt compatible with MTA either, maybe somewhere in the future. Windows 2003 seems to be even more stable and faster with games.

Dont forget that XP still haves those BSOD's ;)

MTA seems to run fine with SP2 for me... Although alot of other games dont work now, such as splinter cell, simcity 4, beyond good and evil, etc. BSOD's are horrible but the only time I ever get those on XP is from overclocking and my ram getting overheated or my GeForce card not being able to handle the increased AGP transfer rate. But not to get too far off topic, I wouldn't think twice before installing any Microsoft Service Pack, after all, Microsoft isn't going to waste valuable time making a Service Pack for XP unless it is necessary.

Please don't remember me.. My-first-XP-BOSD occured last week with MTA.

Another remarkable thing: My whole windows stalls when I exit MTA for a few secs. What could cause that?

same for me, but only when its been running for a few hours... and if its been running 12 hours or so then it ALWAYS has a crc check... wonder y?

Windows 98 is good, but unfortunately not compatible with MTA, maybe in the future. Linux is even better than all Windows versions, but isnt compatible with MTA either, maybe somewhere in the future. Windows 2003 seems to be even more stable and faster with games.

Dont forget that XP still haves those BSOD's ;)

Yes, but usually instead of getting the blue screen in Windows XP, the system reboots.

You can switch that off (it's one of the most annoying things in XP). It's so that the newbie users don't see the scary error messages, but to me it seems more confusing for the computer to restart randomly than to display a cryptic message so that you know that something's gone wrong.

You can switch that off (it's one of the most annoying things in XP). It's so that the newbie users don't see the scary error messages, but to me it seems more confusing for the computer to restart randomly than to display a cryptic message so that you know that something's gone wrong.

When you log in after that happens, Windows says that the system has recovered from a serious error, so you sorta know what has happened.

• 1 month later...

Since I installed SP2 the MTA clients delays for about 5 seconds for the "Connecting" AND "Connected" messages to appear on the screen (they now appear simultaneously while before SP2 the connection was achieved in less than a second in my LAN's linux server). Any ideas? XP's Firewall is set to "not active".