MTA 0.4 Smoothness. (23/05/2004 @ 00:42 CET) by IJs

RISO

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal? May 18th you guys said you were planning a release. What's going on?

Yeah, planning a release. The release depended on how quickly bugs could be squashed (and the long wait would suggest that there was some difficulty).

As has been said before, we're currently working on 0.4 and the new core. The new core is a huge project, so concequently, we're putting quite a lot of work into that, so that people don't have to wait months for the transition between the two. Concequently, 0.4 isn't developed as fast as it could be, if the whole team was working on it.

We'll get it finished soon, almost there :)

eAi

As has been said before, we're currently working on 0.4 and the new core. The new core is a huge project, so concequently, we're putting quite a lot of work into that, so that people don't have to wait months for the transition between the two. Concequently, 0.4 isn't developed as fast as it could be, if the whole team was working on it.

So at least our long wait will be worth it...

:D

(Many people think you're all just sitting on your bum bums being lazy!)

:shock:

yep... how longs it been now?? 2 years i think i first saw the advert etc for it :S and we cant forget about doom 3... Hopefully all this time will make them super good :)

2 years for MTA 0.4?

What? Huh?!

:lol::oops:

lol i was talking about duke nukem forever :P

yep... how longs it been now?? 2 years i think i first saw the advert etc for it :S and we cant forget about doom 3... Hopefully all this time will make them super good :)

2 years for MTA 0.4?

What? Huh?!

:lol::oops:

lol i was talking about duke nukem forever :P

Didn't they start developing it in 1996 (= 8 years)? :shock:

Concequently, 0.4 isn't developed as fast as it could be, if the whole team was working on it.

Oh, MrBump (I think it was Bump anyway) said that those whose work on 0.4 was complete were developing the new core and those who still had work to do on the 0.4 client were working on that.

yup, they promised a sequel when they released the plutonium pack for duke 3d. anyhow, back on topic,

smooth driving in mta would be great, but 1 question: how about the engine noises when passenger? as it is now, the car sounds idle when yer a passenger, untill you start pressing the gas (although you have no control over the car), this is minor, but i would think it goes hand in hand with a smoother passenger experience.