an idea to stop cheaters

if i recall corectly with a conversation with kent, he said that miniguns were made UNSYNCED for 0.3.

Hmmm, well b0b0, what do you have to say now about your "minigun in 0.3" incident? Are you sure you aren't thinking about 0.2.2?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets get this back on topic please........

Not sure if this was said or not... but do what Valve's Counterstrike does.... make there be a cheating side and a secure side....

This would have to be on the server side as it is in counterstrike..

it would be up to the server to chose if its a cheating server or not... and make it show up in ASE and stuff that its a cheating/secure server...

i bet it will work and as first mentioned....

Sending the vanilly files would work without probem.. Even ig you go to a cheating server. you'll get bad filees from a cheating server... but then when you go to a secure server u DL vanilla files again....... its as simple as that...

As I've said hundreds of times before, how many other games do you know that allow cheating? None, so why should MTA be any different?

I think you're blurring the line between cheating and modding. Cheating benefits no-one. If you have a cheat server, it just becomes a contest to see who can download the best cheats. Modding can be good, but the team want a stable release before they allow it (otherwise it becomes confusing because they won't know if a bug report is a fault with MTA or a fault with a mod that someone's downloaded).