Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player in 0.3 ?

SoWErA2

Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting

• Yes
    • No
    • Don´t know

I think this would be a good idea .. ok some people will abuse when they see other people chatting but that just means people will have to be be a litttle more careful when typing a message .. I dont agree with having what is typed appear above the players head that should still just appear in main chat

Should just be a bubble with some wiggly lines in it to represent that that player is currently typing a message

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way to be invincible when typing it's calle alt+tabbing and it's cheating.

You always type at your own risk, you aren't in a chat room it's a game.

The Chatbubble is a good idea so people could be nice and not chatkill, plus they couldn't say they didn't know you were typing.

Invinciblity would be abused. Imagine if you are killing me and I start typing, "hahaha you can't kill me cause I am typing", that would piss me off!! :shock:

There is a way to be invincible when typing it's calle alt+tabbing and it's cheating.

You always type at your own risk, you aren't in a chat room it's a game.

The Chatbubble is a good idea so people could be nice and not chatkill, plus they couldn't say they didn't know you were typing.

Invinciblity would be abused. Imagine if you are killing me and I start typing, "hahaha you can't kill me cause I am typing", that would piss me off!!

dont be so generic, not every instance of alt-tab or esc is cheating, i mean, what, do you just sit in your own pee all day? i pause for the bathroom, among other reasons.

yea, you type at your own risk. all ppl would have to do is hit "T" then just run around, invincible, without typing a word. not cool.

I think i chat bubble is a nifty idea 8)

dont be so generic, not every instance of alt-tab or esc is cheating, i mean, what, do you just sit in your own pee all day? i pause for the bathroom, among other reasons.

yea, you type at your own risk. all ppl would have to do is hit "T" then just run around, invincible, without typing a word. not cool.

I think i chat bubble is a nifty idea 8)

Did you mean to say generic?

You might have meant general.

If I have to leave the game I either wait until i am dead or I type /kill or I just walk away sometimes I come back and noone has killed me.

Try it

Sometimes, if someone is coming you can just stand there and you will be left alone. They assume you have crashed cause your not fighting even thou your a sitting duck.

well as long as you have chat bubbles, make them do more than one thing, and i thank KFG for the inspiration on this, add an afk Icon / thing that appears in the bubble when you type "/afk".

("afk" = away from keyboard, and yes some ppl did not know what that meant, i was one of them)

that way i dont have to kill myself (i dont, but hey) or have ppl think im froze, etc. if ive gone a long time without dying, i dont wanna start now, just so i can go to the bathroom. standing still is too risky. if i think someon is froze (or doing anything that requires them to not move), i shoot them until im certain :D and thats usually long past the point of dying.

Yes, itty bitty bubbles would be useful. =)

It's nice to know when someone is chatting/alt-tabbed.

afk, typing either way you are temporarily a non-combatant. What is the big deal. You don't really die, it's a game, you can come right back alive again. I was saying if I have a lot of weapons and I don't want to die, but I have to pee, I just sit there. (in the game, I am not saying I sit there and pee my pants)

I always make sure someone is crashed or alt tabbed but some people just assume your not moving for a reason. You don't need an afk symbol. If they add a chatbubble. (indicator) you can it T and go. You might comeback to find you are dead but at least there would be less people standing around invincible.

I have a low ping, I am good at the game so I don't die easy but it happens. That is the time to type and pee/crap rub one out, whatever you wanted to do.

If you hate chainsawing someone who is out of game or going across town to hunt someone down just to find you wasted you time then stop doing it yourself.

btw, I quoted me because this loosely addresses his point and it was on the last page.

• 4 weeks later...

I know 3 is out this is a suggestion for 4

I had a great idea for this and I think it's doable (but what do I know)

Would it be possible when someone is chatting to have the character pull out Tommy's big shoe cell phone and look like he is talking on the phone?

That would be so funny and it's an animation in the game.

comparing a spawn killer and a "chat killer" is just dumb...

talk with micros, chat when ur safe, but godamnit dont be mad @guyz killing u when u chat...how many alt tabbers are annoying games...

Is it impossible to kill someone when he have alt tabbed?