Where is the edit button?

Title tells my problem, look at this screenshot: Sorry currently imageshack is not working.

Hmm edit button is on this post... But not on the other thread...

bugby0.th.png

Conditions:

I'm logged in with the same account as the one with which I put the post on this website. First I was able to edit (as shown on the pic: ''last edited by Maximusje''), but now the edit button is disappeared... Im using IE and on the post there are pictures, perhaps this is the reason why it doesn't work? Any idea how to fix this? Or am I overlooking the button? Any others with the same problem?

Thanks for reading,

Maximusje

No problems here, are you sure you waren't logged off(or maybe your cookies are playing games with you?). I'd recommend deleting you browser cache(temp files, cookies, history bla bla bla) and try then.

Cache emptied and still doesn't work. I'm sure I wasn't logged off as it still doesn't work. The weirdest thing is that I can edit a lot of posts but not all of mine...

Ok, I found the problem: deleting your cookie will make it so that it doesn't work anymore. Because all my posts aren't editable anymore since I deleted my cookies. I tried it again with my previous post in this thread et voila: it doesn't work anymore. This also is the reason that firefox users can't edit their post: firefox prevents websites from putting cookies in the cache. So Webmaster, can you please fix this, that it isn't a cookie event (or how else you call it) , because everybody deletes all his cookies now and then and Crapcleaner detects this cookie as crap so it deletes it.

Update: weird. I emptied my buffer/cache again but I still can edit this post. All the other posts aren't editable. WTF is going on?

• MTA Team
That setting sucks man-- I want to edit my main page in the mapping forum: giving updates etc. in the main post so I won't have to make new posts.

Maybe you can move a page like that to our wiki system. The edit button is intended to correct errors in a post, usually just after posting them.

• 11 months later...