Cheaters, Cheaters, Cheaters.

As we all know, cheaters are Bad.

Now im not suer what the Forum rules are on giving out IP addresses, so i wont do it here....

But i have set up a forum thread at My website to Share Banned Lists between servers.

Basically, a place where people can share thier banned lists between servers and get ontop of this cheating issue once and for all.

You can find the forum thread here: http://www.potholestudios.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=3689.html

I have had the same IP for 2 years.

and MOST of the cheaters we have banned have Static IP's.

kay, i don't know where you live, but here in Germany ADSL with dynamic IP's is standard. And i guess in most European countries too.

edit:

ah because you edited your post i have to do so, too:

Well i wouldn't go so far as to say that these ISP's are crappy, because you know... up to 20mbit connections aren't THAT crappy...

Australia.

Dynamic is standard for all the ISP's that arent worth a crap here. like "Telstra" Expensive + full of dropouts and downtime.... 512KB with a 100MB limit and $100 PER MEG over the limit. They have a Dynamic IP.

But places that arent assholes like telstra have Static IP as standard.

its not the "cuontry" that has it standard or not, its the ISP.

but in the file if you look, you can see some people with Dynamic IP's like Javito. in the end, we just ban thier entire netblock.

Dynamic is standard for all the ISP's that arent worth a crap here. like "Telstra" Expensive + full of dropouts and downtime.... 512KB with a 100MB limit and $100 PER MEG over the limit. They have a Dynamic IP.

funny, i pay 5€ for flatrate (no DL/UL-limit), 20€ for the access, together obviously 25€ - DSL 2mbit, extra upstream.

implementing a global ban file to MTA DM servers would be a bad idea.

cos.... what about the people who get banned from servers like team NIR for saying the word "Crap" or other more heavy swear words.

then they would be banned from every MTA DM server.

so that would be a bad idea IMO.

thats why i set up the thread to share the manes and IP's of Cheaters only.

Doesn't matter.

Most Dynamic IPs first 2 numbers doesn't change. Even if they do, you can always do a trace router.

How To Do a Trace Route

1.) Open up the Run Box.

2.) type "cmd"

3.) In the Command Console, type "tracert XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

Note: You would type the the IP instead of the "X"s. Example: tracert 123.456.78.001

I am posting new cheaters in a list once a month, and ANYONE can add to the list. that is the idea.

So if you Ban a cheater... Post in the forum i have linked to, with the cheaters Full name and IP.

The Base idea is for Everyone to Share thier Banned Cheaters list.

And even if noone else shares thiers, i will continue to share mine to Help other servers.

Well, in my server there was an guy, who joined everytime again when i banned him.

Some of cheaters just can change their ip.

Thats pain in the ass, and we can do nothing for it, and thats sad.

EDIT:

And what about if that cheater have deleted his cheats, and started to play fairly?

Then he cant play in most of servers even if he dont have cheats.

Thats sucks :?

When somone cheats, and returns with a different IP, we ban thier Entire Subnet.... (The subnet bans dont appear in our share list)

So basically, they screw it over for everyone on thier ISP.

And as for Cheating, Deleting thier cheat tools and playing fairly.

We belive that if you cheat at pothole Studios, you dont Deserve our trust.

Maan, i meaned that if you put someone elses ban list to your servers ban list, the guy who have cheated in some other server, and deleted his cheats, are now banned in your server. and that sucks.

Also, in my situation that guy has alltime new ip (I mean 123.123.123 was 321.321.321) [Example] So its completely different, whole IP changed.

Also, if you do an traceroute for cheater who does this, you can ban normal ppl without cheats in same country.

How this feels:

You play in MTA, in your favourite server, and suddently you got banned, cause you are from same country as last cheater was.

if someone from Finland was cheater, that doesnt mean all Finnish players are cheaters.

So, :roll: