DELL/MAC

Guest Ac1d

If you ask me, Dell and MAC are both terrible choices when it comes to getting a new computer. Dell messed up on my computer that I ordered from them. The computer had a full gigabyte of RAM missing. I had to wait about 3 months for it to come in to the PC store I bought it from. I have never owned a MAC. However, MAC OS is really nothing to brag about. Apple may claim it is better because of security. However, you can barley play any games on it. Apple hardware is also extremely expensive. My friend bought a MAC with specs very similar to the computer I own. It cost him slightly more for his company than mine, and he bought it a year later. Building your computer is the best way to go. You have the exact specs that you want. Also, you don't have to pay another company labor to build the computer. The only problem is the lack of any warranty. This is not a problem for me because I always make sure to get good cases and use water cooling (I have fried a CPU from a bad case, and I've learned my lesson). The operating system won't cost you more than one from a company because you can get an OEM version if you buy computer parts along with it.

What most people observing Macs from a distance don't realise is that it really is the small things that make up the difference. The build quality is superb (my friend has had his Mac laptop for 8 years and all it needed was a new battery. In comparison, my 4 year-old Windows laptop is at death's door). And the attention to detail is fantastic. Like, for example, the trackpad on the new Macbooks. I can move the mouse, scroll horizontally and vertically and right-click without going near the keyboard - just with a trackpad and one button. That's the kind of stuff that Apple doesn't advertise but it's the combination of small, useful things like that make up the whole experience for me.

The low-end stuff is expensive, true, but when it comes to high-end stuff, Macs beat similarly-specced machines from other manufacturers. If you don't believe me, go to Apple.com and add everything possible to a Mac Pro and then go to Dell.com and add identical specs and see what the price is. Also, you don't *have* to get Apple to install everything for you. You can buy it under-specced and then add RAM and hard drives yourself. Apple adds certified components that they *know* are going to work, then they extensively test them and if they pass the tests, they install them and ship them out. That's what you're paying for - peace of mind. But you shouldn't have any problems if you buy cheaper memory and install it yourself.

With regards OS X, my favourite thing about it is that it just lets you get to work. No defragging, no annoying popup messages in the taskbar, and the system wakes up from sleep in no time at all. And then there are features like Automator for automating common tasks. It really helps you be more productive. I used to like digging around inside my PC, fixing it and upgrading it. Then I decided I'd rather be *using* it than trying to fix it the whole time.

It's not that Macs can't handle games, it's that the games library for them is limited. Developers are slowly (and I mean very slowly) turning to the Mac as a platform though because it's a quick way to make money (now that Macs are Intel it's easier to port games) and they won't lose very much money in support, whereas with PCs there are hundreds of drivers and suchlike that can cause problems. Apple includes drivers with their OS updates, which means fewer problems and it makes it easier for people who don't understand that kind of thing.

Simpel! Mac is good to much stuff! BUT IS NOT GOOD FOR GAMING

DELL: Dell is a great computer, BUT sometimes they are doing some stupid stuff! Like my friend are having DELL dimension 9150! Maybe not a good grafics card only1 grade better than my grafics card :P he haves LE and i SE.. But not cear about that!

EKS:Like This XPS 710!

Or The newest computer Xps 710 H2C

Maybe a old mother card BUT! WHY cear! That comp is owning!

That is all i have to say! But i like Packard Bell most of all that systems :P

Dell.. horrible..

Dell's that company that tries to force 9-month, 1-year and 2-year warranties to it's European customers, while there's a European law that clearly mentions a 2- or 3-year warranty period on any piece of hardware.

Remember that company that buys in OEM motherboards and strips 90% of the BIOS options? Dell.

Macintosh, hurray.

Dell.. horrible..

Dell's that company that tries to force 9-month, 1-year and 2-year warranties to it's European customers, while there's a European law that clearly mentions a 2- or 3-year warranty period on any piece of hardware.

Remember that company that buys in OEM motherboards and strips 90% of the BIOS options? Dell.

Macintosh, hurray.

Lol Macintosh.. Mac have EVER been good for games! so i only says! LOL!

You do like mac and hate DEll.

Maybe some one ells like Dell you cant hate him for that!

So PLZZ not say not to buy DELL!!

Lol my friends hate Packard Bell, but her i sit writing whits the monster on!

AND REMEMBER THAT Packard Bell is comming whits ther IPower! soon! That comp is gonna own The XPS!

And i am wondring. why peoples says what has this whits mta to do.. Do you se Non-Mta->General-> DELL/mac

NON-MTA he have doon it right this has noting whits mta to do but, he has set it in the right forum :)

Whenever I pick up a package from UPS, I count how many Dell boxes come out of there. It's literally every other package. It's depressing.

If I was going to buy a PC (and I don't think I would now that Macs have Bootcamp) I'd get either a 3DBOXX or an Alienware. I used to have an Alienware laptop that was great, although this was before Dell bought them so things may have changed.

Btw Zion, it was originally in the General MTA section before it was moved.