Nginx compactor doubling size

SRmasazuka

Question

Hello Everyone !

I apologize if this post is in the wrong area.

I have a hosting company where I use TCAdmin for server administration.

The servers have a download and compression system using Nginx and everything works fine.

The only problem is, a server on which the download should have its size at 100MB when sent to hosting it starts to have a size of 200MB.

I noticed that this also occurs in some cases with files on Windows when unzipped. Does anyone know why this occurs?

3 answers to this question

• Scripting Moderators

?. If you are talking about the loading bar progress, it's a visual bug.
Suppose we have files with a size of 200 MB, due to compression only 100 MB will be transferred.
MTA will show that 200 MB is being downloaded, but after 50% the download will be completed.

• MTA Anti-Cheat Team

At the time i wrote this discussion: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/discussions/1909 i didn't know much about any such compression already working on MTA, but apparently yes and that explains the DL size having a visual bug that @Sarrum described.

That discussion contains some interesting info that you may want to read, though

@SRmasazuka

On 28/04/2021 at 18:00, Sarrum said:

?. If you are talking about the loading bar progress, it's a visual bug.
Suppose we have files with a size of 200 MB, due to compression only 100 MB will be transferred.
MTA will show that 200 MB is being downloaded, but after 50% the download will be completed.O MTA mostrará que 200 MB estão sendo baixados, mas depois de 50% o download estará concluído.

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Many customers question me about this and I don't know how to respond objectively to the problem. Thanks

On 4/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, Dutchman101 said:

At the time i wrote this discussion: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/discussions/1909 i didn't know much about any such compression already working on MTA, but apparently yes and that explains the DL size having a visual bug that @Sarrum described.

That discussion contains some interesting info that you may want to read, though

@SRmasazuka

I read and understood more about it. Even though I made the compression system via nginx I didn't really understand how it worked.

Perhaps this post will help others.

Edited by SRmasazuka