[MOD]SA-MP

Toreno

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's also impossible to work on 1 multiplayer mod with so many developers.

I would imagine that it's perfectly possible. Maybe not the best idea in terms of efficiency, but perfectly possible.

it might work if all teams used the same methods( no i'm not just talking about the way to inject things into the game); this is certainly not the case.

yea, i wasnt thinking about the mta team unite with the others..

i was referring to the GTA:T, Rumble, GTA:MP and others of wchich i do not know.

... just a thought

Total different approaches in each, plus GTAT is delphi i think, GTA:MP and Rumble are both c++, but editing memory is completely disimilar to what Blue is/will be.

i was referring to the GTA:T, Rumble, GTA:MP and others of wchich i do not know.

... just a thought

Total different approaches in each, plus GTAT is delphi i think, GTA:MP and Rumble are both c++, but editing memory is completely disimilar to what Blue is/will be.

Hm that explains why GTAT is that laggy.

how would you know? just because one project seems buggy and uses delphi, doesn't mean that Delphi is a bad program language for this :?

if you said VB i'd agree, but with delphi you can do a lot more.

besides, it doesn't matter, since it isn't related to GTAM itself.

how would you know? just because one project seems buggy and uses delphi, doesn't mean that Delphi is a bad program language for this :?

if you said VB i'd agree, but with delphi you can do a lot more.

besides, it doesn't matter, since it isn't related to GTAM itself.

Ok what you say ;P

Let's get on topic and discuss GTAT's laggieness in its own topic :P

Delphi is not a bad language, and it depends on how the application is coded.

Delphi is much more powerful than C++ is in coding applications.

No.. it's.. not! Save the fact telling for someone who knows what they're on about :) ...merry xmas

Cant wait for this, looks really cool, kyeman's such a great coder :P

Well everyone who have tried Delphi says so, but Ruby on Rails is much better than both of them.

You do not know everyone whos tried delphi, and saying isn't fact.

Agreed, bad he left the SA-MP team, but I think that's the SA-MP engine they're working at ;)

Yeah, i wouldn't call it an engine though.. and kyeman worked on gtamultiplayer recently too, he probably did alot of it, but i dont really know, s'all secrets :P

You do not know everyone whos tried delphi

That's true, but i meant it as a "saying".

and saying isn't fact.

No but experience is facts, and the most sayings come from experience and then becomes facts eventually.

Yeah, i wouldn't call it an engine though.. and kyeman worked on gtamultiplayer recently too, he probably did alot of it, but i dont really know, s'all secrets :P

okay whatever SA-MP Source code then, but I don't think they made this new engine from scratch , that whould been pretty stupid when they've worked alot with the old engine. But it could be a new one, but then it will be much more bugs in this one though.

and saying isn't fact.

No but experience is facts, and the most sayings come from experience and then becomes facts eventually.

Intelligent people don't need experience. They don't need to make mistakes in order to know what will happen. You know without experience what will happen if you jump in front of a bus.

Intelligent people don't need experience. They don't need to make mistakes in order to know what will happen. You know without experience what will happen if you jump in front of a bus.

Obviously you are intelligent but not that intelligent, cause everybody knows that you shouldn't jump in front of a bus only cause others have died by doing it, plenty of years ago no one knew that humans could die until some humans did die.

And I didn't say that it have to be your own experience, it could always be someone else experience, that's why I said most sayings are eventually becoming facts.

Obviously you are intelligent but not that intelligent, cause everybody knows that you shouldn't jump in front of a bus only cause others have died by doing it, plenty of years ago no one knew that humans could die until some humans did die.

If everyone knows it, why have others done it?

And I didn't say that it have to be your own experience, it could always be someone else experience, that's why I said most sayings are eventually becoming facts.

That's true, but truly intelligent people wouldn't even need that. Intelligence isn't learning from mistakes; anyone can do that. Intelligence is having the foresight not to make those mistakes in the first place.

Oh, btw, I'm not counting myself in the "intelligent" category as I've learnt a lot from experience.

Lol how could you come up with a percentage completed of 72.35% :P
I'd say it was more like 72.36% actually, but it's close enough.

On the subject of teams joining forces:

... just a thought

Totally correct, there's the traditional trainerish methods of making multiplayer and then there's code injection and using the game's internal classes.

The fact is, both these approaches result in different results but need different people on the team. GTAMultiplayer relies on it's team having knowledge of how the game functions, and the ability to find out how the game handles X, Y or Z. Most of this is done in x86 assembly. A trainerish multiplayer need not ever go near assembly code. So teams merging would probably result in a lot of useless people, basically.

Hm that explains why GTAT is that laggy.

There are speed differences between Delphi code and C++, but not significant enough for you to simply deem one as laggy because of it. The real difference is in the way the movement is handled, most multiplayer mods are currently relying on teleporting, at least on a regular basis, simply moving co-ordinates. From the looks of things, Blue also does this, you shouldn't really expect any multiplayer mod to be totally smooth, because it just wont happen. But, there's usually small improvements that can be made. Using WriteProcessMemory API to change a variable however, is significantly slower than being inprocess where it can be done through assembly. Netcode does of course also make a difference, but the modern trend in multiplayer mods seems to be RakNet, seems to be the accepted standard.
no it doesn't :roll: it has to do with the netcode, and the method for synchronisation i guess.

But these aspects have to do with the code its written in. Delphi isn't really good for such projects imo.

Delphi is fine, but it depends on how you're doing it. I don't know whether or not gtaT is injected inprocess, or whether it relies on memory API, so I can't really say.
Delphi is not a bad language, and it depends on how the application is coded.

Delphi is much more powerful than C++ is in coding applications.

Comparing programming languages is silly, always has been. Delphi has limitations, but not many. C++ is certainly faster when compiled, but it's not for Rapid Application Development, they've all got their pros and their cons. C++ is probably a better choice in the long run for a multiplayer mod, because it can handle DirectX with ease when inprocess.
and saying isn't fact.

Everyone makes mistakes. Intelligence comes in two forms, you're either knowledgeable, or you have the ability to solve problems (mathematical or other) quickly and well. Common sense is really neither of those things. Intelligent people can make some stupid decisions at times, it doesn't mean they're not a genius nor are they not intelligent.