My ping in MTA stays the same!!!!!!! >=(

hi i upgraded my internet from like 900 kb/s to this

and my ping stays the same on all servers.i asked soion how much speed he has,and he said 2.0 i think. is this like an MTA bug or something that makes my ping look different? because in americas army,my true ping is like 10-80 (but it has a bug that makes it look lower like 4 ping...i said true ping tho) and in MTA my ping stays like at 80-110 :(

internet0ep.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i'm in aussie as well and i get an average of 387 ping on USA servers! but besides location, is there anything i can do to reduce it? i closed everything out!

Get better connection, normally there are a few programs which you can download to make gameplay faster, which i have used in the past, but for pings then im not sure.

i'm in aussie as well and i get an average of 387 ping on USA servers! but besides location, is there anything i can do to reduce it? i closed everything out!

Get better connection, normally there are a few programs which you can download to make gameplay faster, which i have used in the past, but for pings then im not sure.

Those programs make mta unfair and no wonder koq players can move fast . Hmm now i know the secret. Ok adding koq clan to my hackers clan list.

normally there are a few programs which you can download to make gameplay faster, which i have used in the past

Never would have thought that you're a cheater

No program could change the gameplay or make it faster, or you may mean speed hacking :evil::o

Ah, i can see what way you guys think im saying but seems like your taking it as a way im leading the program into hacking, just for mta or just for mta usage. it was a software actually which i purchased for about 2 months which did improve just my connection ( Due to that i was having difficulties with my general connection, therefore my gameplay which be alot quicker then usual. ). But that was around last year, that subscription was cancelled over a year ago so.. ah, no need to carry on the off-topic nonsense.

The software was recommended by PC world anyway before i had to purchase the contract till my modem problems were fixed.

Basically what Jon mentioned is what i was trying to mention in the first place.

hmm.. I just got this idea.. What if i blocked all the ports EXCEPT for the mta port?... Or do i still need port 80 open... cuz that would probably help out a little.

Yeah i've already used programs to tweak internet\dsl settings which make a small difference but not a huge amount... or maybe the programs i used suck. lol

• MTA Team

That probably WON'T help much, if any at all. The only thing that matters on your side is the connection usage. Closing any p2p/browsers/other inet programs might help (if you're running them while playing).

If it won't help, then you can't do much to change it, apart from getting a better internet connection :P