List of cars max speeds?

Bungle

I was just wondering if there was a list anywhere of the max speeds of every vehicle in mta:vc? i want to try and use the !speed script to check if the person in a car is speed hacking, but i need an accurate max speed figure to compare it with. If someone knows where i can find a list it'd be appreciated.

- Bungle

I was just wondering if there was a list anywhere of the max speeds of every vehicle in mta:vc? i want to try and use the !speed script to check if the person in a car is speed hacking, but i need an accurate max speed figure to compare it with. If someone knows where i can find a list it'd be appreciated.

- Bungle

Handling.cfg not sure if that correpsonds to the speedometer in mta or the !speed command on GRS at all or not.

well, i'm sure there is some maximum speed that someone can travel without mods. if anyone goes over that maximum, he's speedhacking, or is passenger is someone speedhacking..

or will i also be seen as a speedhacker is a speedhacker rams my car, and i go airbourne for a few seconds?

actually... I just made a "constant area detector" which works very well. It is stable on a 16 player full server that i have tested.. using approx 40% cpu on it. I am fairly sure i can decrease this further also.

ie:

<[FMJ]Oli has entered Starfish Island>

<[FMJ]Oli has left Starfish Island>

Using this, i can easily check for modders who go above a certain altitude.. it can auto kick anyone who goes above the max heli height for example..

Ill experiment with some ideas using this new script system of mine and see what happens :)

actually... I just made a "constant area detector" which works very well. It is stable on a 16 player full server that i have tested.. using approx 40% cpu on it. I am fairly sure i can decrease this further also.

ie:

<[FMJ]Oli has entered Starfish Island>

<[FMJ]Oli has left Starfish Island>

Using this, i can easily check for modders who go above a certain altitude.. it can auto kick anyone who goes above the max heli height for example..

Ill experiment with some ideas using this new script system of mine and see what happens :)

if it's constant, you must mean that it is always looping through the player's checking their coordinates? figures why it'd take alot of cpu then :P

but yeah.. do you have any idea how accurate !speed is? like how much out it is? or might it vary depending on the velocity of the player at that given time?

- Bungle

yes basically... my calculation is based on the foruma:

speed = distance / time

so... it calcs the distance in metres between your 2 positions and then it assumes the "time" part of the equation is "1 sec". Then it converts to whatever units u have selected

But, mIRC's timers arnt exact im afraid

u mean going thru blue hell?

oh and btw, this idea of max sppeds sounds good,but if mirc gives and estimate of speeds, cudnt it still work.

if the max speed of lik a pcj is 170mbh ( i think) and the guy is going 350mph it doesnt need to be that accurate since he is well over the limit and its obviously speed hacking