Gang Wars!

Guest Prank

Maybe when blue comes out, someone could make a Gang War mod. where you can choose between all of the gangs i.e: Haitians, bike gangs, cubans. etc.... you could make it to where like in san andreas, you have to take over territory. like a HUGE server of like 50 ppl having an all out war. (if this is breaking any rules of the forums sorry.) post your comments on this.

™Prank™

I don't agree. I think the beauty of MTA is that it's 'open'. The provide a city for us to roam, and the rest is up to us. We can organise clan wars, have drag races.. anargie!

Limiting your freedom with scripts doesn't sound appealing to me.

gang wars as a 3rd gamemode...

1.deathmatch

2.stuntmode

3.gangwars.

4.king of the lighthouse (cuz there are no hills in vice). haha -lol- just kiddin'

MTA really does have an awful game mode format. Deathmatch mode gets n00bs running around getting lost in the map and driving around stunting instead of fighting. Stunt mode is very poor, and actual stunts in vice city aren't really that fun because there aren't places to stunt on (like huge ramps, only crappy little ramps randomly scattered about.) DM mode in its current state is more like a "free-roam" mode.

Deathmatch should provide a few different maps (waaaaaay smaller than vice city as a whole) without vehicles, where each player spawns in a different location with a crappy weapon. Players have to then grab better weapons from weapon spawns (can be picked up 1-at-a-time) before getting killed. Think about Unreal here.

Team Deathmatch would be another popular mode. Don't forget about Capture the Flag either. A mode that's a ripoff of counter-strike would be great too.

Deathmatch should provide a few different maps (waaaaaay smaller than vice city as a whole) without vehicles, where each player spawns in a different location with a crappy weapon. Players have to then grab better weapons from weapon spawns (can be picked up 1-at-a-time) before getting killed. Think about Unreal here.

If I was "thinking about Unreal", I'd be playing Unreal. What's the point in designing a game so that it's exactly like all the rest? You can't remove the cars or it won't be Grand Theft Auto anymore. But I agree that players in Deathmatch need more of a goal to focus on.

Team Deathmatch would be another popular mode. Don't forget about Capture the Flag either. A mode that's a ripoff of counter-strike would be great too.

Again, why stay with the tried-and-tested modes? There are plenty of games which offer these. MTA should offer modes which are specific and relevant to GTA's core gameplay.

I think (and hope) that once blue is released we'll see a lot of experiments with different game modes. Some will probably turn out to be fun, others will turn out to be rubbish. In the end, I doubt that plain DM will survive, as a certain ammount of structure (even if its just the option to buy weapons at the begining of a round) will probably be more popular. I've read lots of comments here and on other forums where people want more structure, and I think thats where Blue will excel.

I agree that GTA isn't really an FPS and in a way, thats the beauty of it. I don't think that if Rockstar made an online version of GTA they'd go for Deathmatch over the entire map, for the reasons stated above. They might go for "kill all you can in 2 minutes" mode or somthing like that though. The only reason Deathmatch probably evolved in MTA is that we never got around to making other game modes and deathmatch is undeniably the easiest to produce for any game.

Tried-and-tested game modes such as CTF will i'm sure be ported to MTA:blue in many forms (with vehicles, with lots of flags, just with boats etc) and I'm sure that CTF in GTA will work well with the right combinations of limits and structure (maybe just using a small corner of the map).

All in all, as a team we're pretty excited to see whats created using blue... for the first time, the future of mta isn't all in our hands, its in the community's as well.

eAi

All in all, as a team we're pretty excited to see whats created using blue... for the first time, the future of mta isn't all in our hands, its in the community's as well.

I was just wondering what the planned schedule for releasing the add-on SDK is (not the date but in relation to the client and server releases).

I would love to know how much time I would have to code my ideas :D.