Help me please. MTA has been acting up.

Guest Daemonicus

6 days ago I installed VC on my home computer, along with MTA. I dowloaded a few car mods and other various mods to play around with offline. Every time I went on MTA I made sure I took out all of those mods and restored the original files. 2 days ago my VC game keep crashing. This did not start happening until after I used a mod for Vice City Mod manager to transform the cheetah into a dragster. I thought nothing of it really. I just reinstalled VC in hopes of fixing this problem. But alas, to no avail. I unistalled all mods and VCMM, and after that didnt work, I went as far as to deleted all my mods. Now, before these crashes started, I was able to play on MTA with no problems. But now, every time I enter a game I get kicked for suspected trainer usage with a unhandled exception: c0000005 At adress: 004e004c error. Once again i tried to reinstall VC and MTA, but it did not work this time either. I have closed out all other programs that are running on windows. I have no idea what is wrong. One thing I noticed these errors started to appear, was everytime a game starts to load, the screen, for not even a second, turns to a multicolored screen. I never noticed this untill this started to happen. If that means anything or not, I don't, but I sure hope it helps someone help me. So please, please, PLEASE, help me :'(.

Sorry if it's a bit much to read.

I had a problem with VC before, and the solution was painstakingly easy: after you uninstall, go to the directory it was in (usually c:\program files\rockstar games) and delete the folder, then reboot and reinstall, that should completely clean VC off so it'll be a completely fresh install.

Also, if you wanna use mods and you have the room, you might wanna install two copies of VC, I.E. C:\programs\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City MODDED, then C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City MTA

Hope it helps.

Edited by Guest

Try deleteing gta_vc.set file in my documents/gta vc user files folder

This is where your saved file and replays and this set file is saved , they dont get deleted when you uninstall <<-- deleting the .set file should help.

You mention something about weird colors apearing you might also want to update videocard drivers,this can also be a probem, especially if you have old ati drivers.

ARGH! Thanks everyone for your replies, but I still get kicked for damn suspected trainer usage everytime a mta game loads up. I tried all of your suggestions, multiple times, but nothing has worked. But the mutlicolored thing I mentioned has gona away..........................UGH.