peds and cops in .03

the police will still only go after human players, but wether they go after just you, or the whole gang is something that hasnt been decided yet.

If you kill a cop, does that mean that the whole gang gets 2 stars, or just the person who did it? - what if it was the leader?

argh - i asked a similar question 1 minute ago =)

what about say a barrier or something moveable - will that be synced?

i mean if you run into a post, will it fall down for everyone? - or will the person behind hit it standing upright as well?

I think the cops must be disabled in 0.3 - for now.

Yet another thing to look forward to in 0.4. :D

Imagine a 32 player standoff with the army- some people with M-16s to take out the legions of cops on foot- some people with AK-47s to take out the soldiers- and a bunch of people with rocket launchers to take out the helicopters and tanks. :twisted:

ok first, which part of the AI controls where peds are.

ok now second, could you create a default part of that AI for peds to show up constantly in the same place, eg. when you move to the res light district, it loads up that section of the AI which controls the hookers which hang there.

ok this is realy hard to explain.

Ok could you not create the section of the engine which controls where the peds are and when they are. Set a defualt, so that there is no change in peds eg.on minute at red light then you go to triad area, come back and the peds are doing exactly what they did before all over again, kind of like a broken record. it should be a small file, and it means that everyone can play with peds and cops included, but people will begin to know where the cops are etc. you could release alot of em.

anyway not sure if it would work but if it does, it will be and easy solution, and effective

It is in the end all upto the coders ofcourse, but if you do happen to figure out how you want to do peds & cops, determine how smooth/effective it is over 56k or something, & then over LAN. I will most likely only ever play MTA over the LAN here @ home so as far as I'm concerned it can be using the whole 100mbit/s :)

Anyway, if you do figure out a cool thing, like cops & peds etc, do include it please! Don't exclude things just because it'll make it laggy for some/most ppl out there. :)

Anyway, the peds/cops suggestions all sound pretty good. Nice to see people putting in an effort. If I think of something, I'll post it. :)