getting up after takedowns

Slothman

okay, here's a proposed solution to stubby takedowns (and the whining about them), now as many people know if they ever meet me ingame, i'm pro stubby. it takes timing, lag prediction, and close range. But I'm the first to admit, takedowns are lame. barely takes skill to time it for when they get up. I for one, find myself walking away from someone lying on the ground, just for the sport of it.

mta devs, yer the uber programmers, is this possible:

the person gets knocked down. and they stay down untill they press a button (any button, doesnt matter). now, there is no perfect timing to takedowns, there is an element of skill, as the person can choose when they stand.

of course a time limit to standing up is a must. we can't have people curling up into the fetal position every time they get knocked down.( like the damn pausers do

Ok you wanted me to give my points on the subject so here goes .

Sorry but i dont like the idea of people being able to stay down preventing damage after being shot by a stubby.

That just woudnt be realistic now woud it?I know i know what your all yelling at me, lots of things in the game arent realistic,But common think about it if you where shot by a shotgun ANY shotgun, what would probably happen?

Thats right you would probably die on impact, but as this is a game that doesnt happen, atleast not always , and thats good.

The stubby controversy will be a one going debate even when the mta team balances the weapons, then we will have the stubbyusers complaining that they can no longer kill anything with their stubby, then the problem went the other way.

I think what the a possible alternative is, to make it when you are shot with a stubby that yo will get pushed back from the shot , or wait maybe the shooter shoud get pushed back from the shot, you know the recoi.

Im not saying push him all the way into the water , but push him back to a distance which seems reasonable, maybe to the point where he can just hit the opponent with the shotty without walking foward, i think the best thing woud be to impliment this to both the shooter and the victim.

This will also mean that the shotty user will have to do a bit more work to get his kill, and it woudnt just be timing, he woud have to close in on his victim if he wants to finish it off but also evade the bullets that his opponent is shooting since after getting shot with the shotty and ppushed back form the blast and gotten down to 40 health he immediatly started shooting his uzi

So in short

-Make the shotty blast push back the shooter and the victim

-no more falling for the victim.

-thats it.

mta is editing rockstar programmming (in a way), ass are all mods, so yes you are allowed to do that.

as far as my sugestion, we know that the falling animation and the getting up animation is not 1 smooth one, so essentailly "locking" the person on the ground, and waiting for a button to be pushed before the getting up anmation is triggered should be possible.

Possibly possible, I dont fancy standing around whistling waiting for my opponent to get up from his snooze on the ground and resume the fight tho :) (Ground lamers anyone?) A better solution is to remove the knockdown altogether. Something we have toyed around with already.

This sounds a good idea...

But it would suck when the aiming becomes perfect(Hopefully with the new core..).When that happens(If it does),you just have to avoid the stubby shots and you'd be able to counter because of the perfect aiming,while only working the normal online game lag..

This would be a great idea for how the aiming system is atm.. :idea:

Though what I said may sound off-topic,what I meant is:If the aiming becomes as good as we can hope it to become,the stubby will be less powerfull because people will be able to kill stubiers with non-shotgun weapons before they get near and shoot,because the there wouldn't be any 'glitch/lag/desync-coat' protecting the stubbyers,only normal internet lag.In that situation,there wouldn't be a need to remove knockback ability now would there? :wink:

Well thats as it shoudl be, in reality if someone has an m16 they should be able to shoot a sawn off shotgun user well before they get close enough to shoot them back. And good aim or bad aim the difficulty with being knocked down is you are so helpless, its not as if you can roll to the side as you can in reality.

That's true MrBump,it is helpless when you get shot down..

I was just stating that the knockdown issue wouldn't be such an issue if the damn stubby jump lag didn't exist..Like in gta3,there's almost no jump lag,I can easily finish off shotgun users with only some fancy dodging and colt shooting.. :) (This is not a rant or saying that the aiming should be improved,I know the team is working very hard(18 hours a day of freetime,as eAi stated,if I'm not mistaken),I'm just pointing out the facts that contribute to people getting mad with/considering lame the knockdown.. :idea: )

Either I'm too stupid too notice 18 hours is 3/4 of a day :shock: ...

Or my memory is perfect and I read a typo made by eAi :lol:...

EDIT:When you get the 'Modding(As in creating)Adrenaline',time flyes..

Trust me,when I started making my single player mod..I didn't notice time fly :shock:

(Sry for going off-topic).

i certainly wouldn't object to removing knockdown, but wouldn't that screw up geting hit/crushed by cars, making it look stupid?

i just thought a "get up button" would be easier to code. (but what do i know about coding) without any negative side effects.

again, i would stress a very short time limit for getting up, no one wants to see a bunch of lamers just lying around, waiting for the people on their feet to walk away

i dont play mtavc but in mta gta3 i always liked the knockdown of a shotgun, its good to kill lagers coz sometimes you could waste all of your ammo on them and you still wouldnt know where to aim but its also very useful to finally stop those car-to-next-car runners

i find it much more exiting to have a sg duel and knowing that the first one knocked down looses it (unless someones timing is off)

and whats the problem if you only have a colt? you just run away, turn around and shoot, just let the shotgun user think hes close enough to you

you dont always have to have the same weapon as your opponent, you just have to force him to use his colt/uzi

plz dont remove everything that defines gta, i mean, first we had the carkill topic, now its the shotgun knockdowns, whats next? remove the flamer coz it goes thru walls?

i think Slothmans idea is cool but if it would be totally removed i wouldnt use a shotgun anymore, why should i?

just my opinion

Just thought I'd throw in another suggestion, though it's pretty brutal; why not allow shots to connect with knocked-down players? You can already kill them with molotovs, grenades and melee weapons, and since there's rarely hope that you'll get up and walk away after a stubby knockdown, why not just put them out of their misery right away?

Granted, this'll make the game that much harder, but I see more balance coming out of it.

More of a secondary suggestion, cuz I'd frankly rather see knockdowns removed completely, I think MTA could survive without that bit of realism. :wink:

I have been able to dodge them well enough and I even got good at using stubby in this version so I will be ok..

But one suggestion would be to have a script running that kicked for stubbykills... obviously only use this as a game mode not run it all the time..

So you could use stubby to knockdown but you would want to finish with another weapon. You would also no want to one shot kill someone or you would get kicked... It might be an interesting excercise at least...