I see no one and no one sees me! :(

Guest Danny121

Hi,

I downloaded MTA 0.4 a couple of days ago and everything works... I can connect... I can chat... I can start the game... roam around vice city... but... I see no one and no one sees me. When I enter the game I can chose who to be, but on my radar I only see 3 blips; 1 pink arrow pointing to the pizza place and 2 yellow blips on top of the chariot hotel. I tried re- installing Vice City and MTA 0.4. I tried switching from 1.0 to 1.1 on the MTA window... but on 1.1 I get the error of the unhandled exception or something like that. I reeeeaaaaaalllllly wanna play but I cannot. I do'nt know how to fix this problem.

Please help me

Thanks,

Daniel :(:x:cry:

I use Windows XP Pro... and I always go into servers with people.... and I chat with them while they are playing.... they try and look for me but they don't see me... it's like I'm invisible. :cry:

Daniel

I use Windows XP Pro... and I always go into servers with people.... and I chat with them while they are playing.... they try and look for me but they don't see me... it's like I'm invisible. :cry:

Daniel

Sounds like your majorly desynced... Usually the main problem is viewing a replay. But other things cause desync as well.

I did press F1 accidently once... but I've reseted the game many times after that... If you press F1 once is it forever until you re- install it again?

Thanks,

Daniel :roll:

Ok since nobody here has come up with a solution for you ill try , ill need your system specs and any additional info,But ill try to help without knowing anything yet.

First you woudnt happen to be running mta/gta on win 98 compatible mode woud you? mta isnt win 98 ( and me) compatible , and normally if someone did get mta to work on 98 the problem you are discribing woud be what they woud experience.

There is a bug i have managed to get sometimes that you woud spawn as normal tommy (green flowered shirt ) without weapons at the parkign lot in front of malibu, and the same thign happening to me did is to you, that nobody would be able to see me, so my question are you spawning as the character you are choosing or any of its subskins?

Are you using any no cd cracks or that likes?if you are try without it if your not try another ( no i wont tell you where its against the rules).

Where do you live australia or somewhere where some parts of the games were censored/edited? that might also be a cause of your problem you game being different from what the devs work with.

BTW . Try this ip 66.117.38.205:2003 its the kfc partyserver and its ussually crowded,,you said in your post that you see 2 dots on the hotel, that is what happends when someoen hasnt spawned yet so maybe you just arent in a server with enough people and the ones in game are desynced to you.

Ps. hope your doing the ussual, by running gta in english and unmodded.

First of all, Thanks all of you for your interest in helping me.

Now, I have Windows XP Pro not windows 98. I live in Malta (Island in the middle of the mediterranean sea). I don't use any no cd cracks. When I enter MTA I always have the option to chose the character I want and I start where I'm supposed to (Mexican- Airport ecc.). I tried the server you suggested but even there it's still the same problem.

Thanks,

Daniel :cry:

Hey people. exellent work with the Mta thing, you guys rock 8) . i thought Rockstar did it!

Im having the exact same problem as danni although i think my compatability mode is switched on so tht could be the reason alltogether. i stumbled across the option of modifiying it once, how do i do it again? i'd really appreciate some help!

OK i re-installed mta and vice city and also checked the compatability modes which are switched of. It still dosen't work. whats going on? somone please find the solution! :(:(

Ok for a start if the server was empty, WHY am i speaking to over 20 people saying they can't find me? i dont think thats a figment of my imagination. and i always go to the kfc party server-still im invisible. someone HELP!!

maybe you need to update your windows it helped 4 me

i updated my windows to service pack 1 and mta worked better then ever no/ less crashes and i got a better synced game now before i was always lagging and missing bullets on people but now its working great the only thing is the spectation mode causes the game to crash(sometimes )

Great, the pack didnt help one bit. its still exactly the same, i cannot see anyone! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

some one please fid a solution to this, i really want to play mta. ive got a v.decent P.c and have a fast broadband connction-Wtf is going on then? hellp!

For the record, one of the 4D members face the same problem with MTA (Has happened since 0.3 (it's the radar bug that doesn't go away.)

To this day, I have been unable to find any solution. Hopefully the devs may have something in mind. For the moment, a Windows reinstall could be in order, as that's the only theoretical fix we've come up with for the moment.