Server ping 9999 problem

Guest ThuGie

hi i run a server but somtime when 1 user or none users are connected the ping is just sky hi when i look with ase its real strange how can i fix it .

and sorry that i post it here but i can't post it on bugs and stuff strange but only mods can post there i hope somebody can help me and sorry for my bad english :) .

i got 16kb upload 128kb download

server:

mta:vc

mode:dm

maxplayers:16 (just for try when i get probs i make it lower .)

Ok, m8 basically you have a shit connection. In ASE it will show the ping very low because you are running it on your homer computer and its getting there very fast bvecause it doesnt have to travel. Get a better connection!

uhm the only thing it that its trew a router to the server thats all but its not always somtime it stays 9999 until ik restart mta vc server then its back to 5 or so or just wait a few min than its back to ok 2 :/

but thnx for the reply but i'm not the only 1 the ase list is full of servers with pings of 9999 :/ i just put it on max 300

uhm the only thing it that its trew a router to the server thats all but its not always somtime it stays 9999 until ik restart mta vc server then its back to 5 or so or just wait a few min than its back to ok 2 :/

but thnx for the reply but i'm not the only 1 the ase list is full of servers with pings of 9999 :/ i just put it on max 300

Same thing happened to my server . the prob was . i was running the mta server on a crappy pc . so even tough it was on LAN . the pc was making the ping 9999 .

P.s : Sup everyone , im back . i wasne t really gone .. but i took a "break from the mta forum.. and any other forum out there" :D

yeah but this not realy a crapy pc :/

1,5ghz klokspeed 2??mb ram 8gb hd i think its good for small things right and mta server is somting small soon 5??mb ram do you think that wil stop the ping from gowing to 9999 ?

I think he meant . 2 gigs of ram .. Cause 2 mb is like so slow u coun't run MS Notepad .. Or windows .. or GTA...

Or he could have meant 2?? to mean 2xx which probably meant 256MB, soon to be upgraded to 512 (5??).

yep and that pc is good enough to run a server, the connection is just fully crap