Colored server names for $

xXMADEXx

Hi MTA developers/players. I think that it'll be a good idea to let server owners pay so that they can get their server name in color just so that it stands out. For example, say I wanted a yellow server name, i'd pay oh say $5 and get my server name in yellow for like a week or so.

Let me know what you think!

How sad it this, that Multi Theft Auto is a modification on GTA:SA, which is trademarked to Rockstar North and Take-Two Interactive and what else, okay. A modification that actually breaches the copyright infringements - especially accounted for if they have a way of income during the process, which in this case is a colored server name for a specific amount of money. Now, whatever should be the desired approach of spending the money, it's more or less a motive to gain advantage with it. So I'm very sorry to stumble across to this thread, but this money thing is absolutely illogical. Thank you.

If the money would be left out, I'd say this is a great idea, but would most likely screw up everybody's eyes. Then again, how would this even help. People may find some colors offensive or not attracting at all. To be honest, this is more or less a very additional feature that should, at least, have an option to toggle it in the Options menu. I'd personally toggle this feature off right away.

How sad it this, that Multi Theft Auto is a modification on GTA:SA, which is trademarked to Rockstar North and Take-Two Interactive and what else, okay. A modification that actually breaches the copyright infringements - especially accounted for if they have a way of income during the process, which in this case is a colored server name for a specific amount of money. Now, whatever should be the desired approach of spending the money, it's more or less a motive to gain advantage with it. So I'm very sorry to stumble across to this thread, but this money thing is absolutely illogical. Thank you.

If the money would be left out, I'd say this is a great idea, but would most likely screw up everybody's eyes. Then again, how would this even help. People may find some colors offensive or not attracting at all. To be honest, this is more or less a very additional feature that should, at least, have an option to toggle it in the Options menu. I'd personally toggle this feature off right away.

I'm strongly against the suggestion, but I must also say that there is nothing wrong with the MTA developers making work off their OWN CONTENT. They're not editing or redistributing proprietary code, it doesn't breach the copyright infringements as:

1. Someone at R* knows about MTA and there is a forum topic about this

2. MTA doesn't redistribute any (copyrighted) gtasa code, it only hooks into the code and apply modifications to the memory real-time.

There was a discussion on whether or not is MTA doing this within the boundaries and after reading the Terms and Conditions, general rules and copyright notices we found out that it's completely illegal to reverse-engineer the code and re-compile parts of it. This would not only make MTA quilty of this, but everybody that has re-textured something on GTA:SA. As it has been non-profit and for fun purposes they couldn't care less, and obviously because they're receiving positive feedback and popularity with it. But if they begun gaining profit with what they've managed to edit on GTA, then they could be sued and the projects could be shut down very easily.

That's not quite what I am really after here nor I'd want that to happen, seriously not, but pointing it out so people won't just go asking for money in order to just get a colored server name on the list.

• 2 months later...